UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.

Go down 
+3
cwillis
fishface30
jessecichlidguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Empty
PostSubject: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 8:04 pm

I just finished setting up the tank for him he came with a 25 gal reptile tank 2 filters and a 150 basking/heat lamp. Forgot to grab the screen top so I DIY'd one from an old window screen., He came with everything. Pics soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 8:06 pm

I can see him ending up in your indoor pond when he gets bigger.

You lost it a long time ago darling!
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 8:19 pm

YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 yes YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 with fern
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 8:26 pm

I don't think you would've lost it yet. I don't know you like Fern and jessechichlidguy does though.

Wait till you put a string on his neck and take him for a walk in the neighborhood...
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 9:10 pm

I don't think you lost it, I think you have a soft heart like most of us do!

can't wait for the photos
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 11:43 pm

Fern wrote:
I can see him ending up in your indoor pond when he gets bigger.

YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205 YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. 858205

worthlesswopic
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 6:28 pm

oooooh pics.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 7:09 pm

Painted turtles can get huge! Up to and over 12 inches (shell length) he probably needs around a 30-35 long. And don't forget a basking spot! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 7:46 pm

He's already about 6 " Here he is.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pic with hand to show his size.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 9:14 pm

Here's a video of him eating. Sorry takes a min to load
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 9:15 pm

Hes definately a cool looking turtle!!!!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 1:10 am

Hey Ursula, in some pics he looks like he could be a red eared slider. Are there yellow markings on the shell carapace? Or you can just Google it. Remember, my cell is my only internet so I have a tiny screen
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 1:44 am

So what's the new guy's name! I need to be formerly introduced wednesday! Off to the Jungle! Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 1:49 am

Yes kin there is. He is 3 years old bought as a painted turtle in Va Beach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 10:43 am

He is a cute little beggar!!!
Not a red ear for sure, they don't get the little points on their shell.

I think they like lettuce....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 10:53 am

He loves lettuce eat some this morning. Going to do a larger tank with land and water when I get one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.   YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YES I"VE LOST IT, rescued a 6" painted turtle.
Page 1 of 1