UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

Favorite Fish: : Angels

Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Empty
PostSubject: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 8:35 pm

Just picked it up, a lady saw my add on craigslist and called.
(posted about buying any unwanted tanks/fish supplies)
Said she had a 50 gallon with all supplies, asked how much id offer,
I told her to just take her time and do research and to tell
me how much she would want for it. She called the next day
and thanked me for not rushing her, and that she'd sell for $50.

cheers cheers cheers

What an amazing deal!

Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Kbrn82

Cruddy pic, but you get the picture!
I had just set it down and started sorting through the stuff.
Has the big 50-60 gallon filter, and the under water gravel system!
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 8:35 pm

I still have not decided what to do with it yet.
I dont know if I want to commit to saltwater, or
to do something with fresh!

Opinions & suggestions loved!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 8:53 pm

Nice find! Looks like it came with tons of supplies. If you have the stuff to do a SW then why not haha. On the other hand if not it would be much easier to do FW but then again I am biased ^^
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:03 pm

Looks like an awesome deal. Gratz Taylor. I cant really give you an opinion for sw or fw becaue I have never done sw before. Im sure whichever you do will turn out great.
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:15 pm

keeping saltwater fish is not to hard if u dont keep delicate fish u will need good equiment and is more $$$$ for salt and u will have to mix water but keeping coral is much less forgiving wouldnt recamend for a novis
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:18 pm

Thank you all for your replies!

And thanks for the info Discuskent!
Im so torn!

I know it will be a challenge to keep a sw
but I love a good challenge!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:21 pm

awesome pickup... super deal.... unless you are a seasoned salt keeper, they can be tricky.... keep us informed and post pics when all set up..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 10:21 pm

Remember we were all once novice even to FW. If you want to try SW go for it just research before you buy anything. (including equipment like lights and skimmers)
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 10:28 pm

Thanks Vixen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 10:41 pm

Make a new thread on considering SW to get a heads up as to what kind of set up is best for a beginner. List epuipment on hand and find out if copper was ever used in the tank (ich medication)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal   Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excited to announce, new tank! 50 gal
Page 1 of 1