UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel

Go down 
+5
ornate12
khrister
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
Flapjack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Flapjack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : GUPPIES!

Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Empty
PostSubject: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:08 pm

Tonight there will be a rift lake special on the Science Channel.
here is all the details

It will show many times, so you can fit it into your schedule

http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.16350.129743.39525 .4
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:10 pm

im going to miss it since i do not have cable. booo!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:11 pm

Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 6:30 pm

Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 7:54 pm

I've got them all set to record cheers
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 9:01 pm

It's on! watching it now!!! Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel 690297
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 9:30 pm

What a great show!! The cichlid fry really don't have a chance without the protection of the parents! I wish I would have recorded this.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 10:20 pm

awesome show... make you want to dive in lake malawi
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 10:21 pm

Thanks for the info have it set to record
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 6:46 pm

Learned so much! Looked like some of those areas had 50 cichlids crammed into every 50G of lake. crazy
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 2:12 am

Lots of good information on the rift lakes and the chimps surrounding them. I wish it would have gone a little more in depth and shown better looking speicies and not continually refer to them as chiclids (yes I know they are chiclids but if you watched it it sounded like these are the only cichlids...at least to me). That being said I did like the show very good cinematography for the underwater scenes really liked the shellies going crazy, and the fish that swim like crazy and fall down dead till someone comes along and looks at them.

Should be aired again according to my DVR...but could not find the date or it conflicts with one already set to record. Worth an hour (43 min no commercials) of my time good Mega Man
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 5:47 am

Gonna play again on the 23rd and 24th
.http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.16350.129743.39525
It really was a good watch . Saw some of my Cichlids on it !!!
Ray
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 6:23 pm

Very worth the watch!

I was sooooo proud of my BF!!! He said 'dont we have those?' on the white top haras and the mchengas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel   Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rift Lake Special tonight on the Science Channel
Page 1 of 1