UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season

Go down 
+21
wildbeanerz
strawman1985
plantedtankdude
jaiko1975
Shaysfishys
CajunGator
pillierox1
dcninja757
CSnyder00
Flapjack
Sigmar
mike205
scottyofala
KMX
jb1edlover
BFinley
James0816
istrober
2SciCrazed
Elrollo
Petersmonkey
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Okey, so me and some of my bros went to walmart today to get some Coors light and food for New Years Party and stuff when I came across the pet section, and I told my self, I may as well pick up some dog food while iam at it..... but then I walked pass the "fish" section and I flipped bricks... Took out my phone and snapped some shot at this animal cruelty... well Iam sure many of you guys have seen this plenty of times and so have I, but not at ANOTHER Walmart.... I thought they banned Warmart from selling fish... guess I was wrong...

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Photo0021s

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Photo0022wl

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Photo0024i

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Photo0023u

All these Bettas just suffered like this.... And I know many of you guys thinks this happens all the time and are use to it.... but to me, all the wrong in the world does NOT make this right.

I won't go into any details of what happened next but me and boys got kicked out, all 8 of us. luckly I was able to take some pics again.

And by no means am I trying to go agginest warlmart or anything but this is just ridiculous.

Sorry for anyone that read my rant about this. But bashing the walmart Pet manager just wasn't enough for me.

mad crazy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/27/2010, 8:01 pm

jb1 i live in Norfolk! I know what you mean, walmart is awful for pets. they shouldn't be allowed to sell fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 9:41 am

I have personally boycotted most all of the big chain fish places. I shop at the only one where I know they are well taken care of.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 11:28 am

thank goodness my walmart started but is now not doing it. since they all died instead of being bought i felt bad not getting them but 5 bux for one is pricey compare to the work and cost of meds to cure them, i couldnt afford it. my local fish store takes good care of theres and their only 3 bux! very good ppl.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 11:34 am

really sukz... they should not carry fish.. and stick to hard goods.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 11:43 am

Have issues with the whole Walmart fish thing myself, few years ago this time of year had gotten a gift card with full intentions of restocking my yarn supply but had to go to the pet department for some keet food. Well of course had to check out what fish were there low and behold there were some Bolivian Rams knowing how the fish are cared for just couldn't live with myself if I left them there thus there went my gift card and the 6 of them came home with me.

My kitchen betta "Chef" came from Walmart too, have had him for a few years now, felt sorry for him not counting he was really/is pretty. Red fins and purple/lavendar mettalic body with oodles of personailty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 12:40 pm

Yall intentions are good when you 'rescue' fish from there, but all they see is sales and that just keeps it going. If no one buys their fish they will stop carrying a product that doesn't sell. Its all about the bottom line for company's like that.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 12:46 pm

ya i knew they werent selling theyr bettas bc they did not hav the space for them so they were stacked high and they were so sick too, very bad. they all died or most bc they stopped doing it in denton which im glad. its now petsmart that needs to get better care for their fish. petco here has someone new which is doing great in caring for their fish which i am very happy, not very good on variety of fish but healthy. they actually qt fish!!!!
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 4:42 pm

pillierox1 wrote:
ya i knew they werent selling theyr bettas bc they did not hav the space for them so they were stacked high and they were so sick too, very bad. they all died or most bc they stopped doing it in denton which im glad. its now petsmart that needs to get better care for their fish. petco here has someone new which is doing great in caring for their fish which i am very happy, not very good on variety of fish but healthy. they actually qt fish!!!!

I no what u mean Ashley, a Petsmart in Richardson has great employees that know what their doing. on the other hand the Petsmart in grapevine, some of the employees thinks tiger barbs are the fish from Finding Nemo..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 10:09 pm

Fern wrote:
Yall .

Hey now! You are not from Texas. Stop stealing our words lol!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 10:12 pm

Come on man"Yall" originiated in S Carolina before Sam Houston's dad was a wet dream....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 8:24 am

No sir I be a cracker and say yall and ma'am and tater and mater lol!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 10:14 am

its like the shark in a bottle i seen sold in walmart...that just cruel..
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 11:45 am

that is just wrong and sick, that is why I stopped going to chain stores for a while... but some times you can't be the 99 cent tetras... but I like to join fish groups and find other hobbyist. also buying fish from other hobbyist and breeders are good... me I would stop going in to wallmart but it's hard because wallmart is where I get the groceries. the problem is any one can get hired to work in the fish department.... there are a lot of good people who get fired over doing the right thing... I've talked to a few people at different pet smart who know there stuff, but say it sucks because they got to do what corporate and push push push the fish sales etc... peter LMAO really which grapevine store are these nemo tiger barbs at HA HA.. the problem is the mangers don't even ask the person who is trying to get a job in the fish department questions.. do you have any fish tanks at home, if so how many what type of fish, do you know about fish diseases and the nitrogen cycle etc"........ or the employees that don't ask so you are interested in these fish what size tank will they be going in, do you have any other fish in the tank and if yes what is in the tank, how long has this tank been setup..... I've seen people get refunded for fish, and the people bring them back with a oh I just can't put tap water in the tank, and then throw the fish in there.

I even see people ask what a filter and a heater... I've even walked in to the chain stores and I see fish department people ask other fish department people can this fish go with this fish... and I hate to say it but that gets to me... I know some one can't know 100% everything about fish.... but it should be basic that a tiger barb(s) are fin nippers so they can't be put with angel... also african cichlids can't go with south american cichlids.. GRR WHY NOT. cichlids are cichlids. aha I won't even get in to that...

some times people need to just step up and say okay this is that and that, and this and that.... people just want to make money theses days and don't care about the fish..... but me I do care.... just like my discus that I had, I didn't sell them to careless people I sold them to breeders and people who know there fish... and know what I'm even welling to lose money on fish if I know they will get a good home...

that discus is over priced, well if you don't like my prices go some where else you go buy that over priced fish store discus or angelfish that is more or likely sick and stunted. and when I sold my discus I actually gave good prices and lost some money on them too... some people don't realize how much money is spent making/buying food and raising discus, and all the water used for water changes.. so that 5.5 inch snow white x leopard x snake skin that I'm only wanting $35.00 and raised and grow up from 2 inches and spent 40-60 dollars on in food and water is over priced okay sure... some people are funny...

but back to bettas and wallmart I would call the corp. office and send them photos but I doubt they will do any thing, you got to remember wallmart is from ark. (country etc).. I bet you will well we can just flush them down the toliet because we can order more bettas, and mark up the price and sell them and make are money back on all of them just by selling one of them....

or what about just going in to LFS and seeing a dead fish and no one does anything about it. and they are just "um okay dead fish floating, okay would you like to buy any fish".....

I remember a friend that won't even go to a certin LFS, I won't name any names but he bought some fish , and then tested the LFS water real thrown off parameter reading. then tested his water it was fine... the fish ended up dying he then took the LFS water to the LFS to test and they didn't know what was going on or how to fix it. then he said well I can fix the problem I won't be back this water came out of your monster fish tank in the back, I gave you your own tank water to test and the fish you sold me died... some times the truth hurts, but is good to know. some times you just got to be straight out blunt and honest with people.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:13 pm

I actually bought one at walmart one night to give him a better life. I really wish they wouldnt sell them if they wont put effort into taking care of them
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 2:57 pm

i really hope one day they really stop selling fish on walmart.. and let someone else take care and sale them the right way...
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 12:49 am

I actually go into petsmarts and petcos and I agree it irks me when I over hear them saying something like .."o this pacu will go greqat with your guppies in 2.5 gallon tank" yes that was real quote. I asked the employee how large do pacus get (while customer was there) "I really don't know"..I showed the customer the sign sating 20+" Customer asked me "do you have fish?" Told her about my tanks and about USAfishbox.com showed her some very nice cardinal tetras and different variety of guppies..box store still made a sale customer was happy and I was thinking "man they should be paying me". Hopefully if we hear something totally wrong we as responsible hobbist step in and try to correct it in a positive manor.

Keep blowing wal-marts corp office up
http://www.walmart.com/cservice/cu_comments_online.gsp?cu_heading=8
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 1:18 am

Whenever I'm in the pet dept at Walmart try to give a heads up as there is NO ONE in pets that is fish literate!!! Last save was a soon to be doomed goldfish in a bowl
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 1:34 am

See here is the other thing about it.

I know many peeps are trying to say, well lets buy the fish from Walmart, or petco and try to save them, but to them it's just business, so the more you buy the more they are gona buy to sell.... means the more fish that's going to suffer.

I think the best way is to educate and at same time stop the big corps from selling fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 7:50 am

Should we all go rescue one betta each?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 7:55 am

They would just make more bettas in cups if we did.

Same as buying pet store puppies from mills. They just make more.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 8:57 am

this is worse IMO:(
http://glassbox-design.com/2010/hobby-gets-another-black-eye-610-fish-found-in-trash/
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 9:09 am

That is just wrong. I wonder what really happened to all of them. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dovie
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Koi and fantails, though tetras are growing on me.

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 1:05 am

Petersmonkey: I still unstack all the betas and set aside dead ones every time I see a beta display. It makes me sick how little thought is put into the care of those little guys. I'm glad the Wal-Mart in Denton, TX got rid of their fish section a few years ago. I couldn't stand to look in there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 5:20 am

This makes me sick we have actually boycotted walmart for nearly a year, and actually have saved Money. we added it all up and saved about 4.000.00 a year by watching what we buy and Planning meals. it can work, we realize there is a load of things we dont agree with that walmart does, but this tops the list!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 5:31 am

I have spent so much time in the local Petsmart ( one of many LFS in my area ) that they all know my wife and I by name . When we are in the store and there is a question about fishes , they will ask one of us . The store manager even has my phone # and cell # and calls to ask some questions ! It is heartening to know that some peeps at Petsmart actually care !
Ray
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 8:16 am

That is a good thing! Most don't ,,,and most LFS carry Hybrids. "Assorted Afrricans" and some that are labeld Orange zebra. ..but have black spots on them. Many other species as wel.. Watch out ,,might not be what you think. They get there fish from big big wholesalers that have all there fish in a few big ponds all breeding with one another and creating hybrids... This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 196631 This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 196631 This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 196631
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season   This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This makes me sick - WARNING, Pics not suitable for HAPPY Holiday Season
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next