UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

Favorite Fish: : Volitian Lion Fish ,EEls

I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Empty
PostSubject: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 1:39 pm

For the last couple months my water got foggy out of nowhere.Tried everything so a week ago a tried not running the skimmer and today I notice it looks clear so is it me or the skimmer? would like suggestion please
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 3:08 pm

what kind of skimmer is it hob in sump? aren't you the one with brown Diatoms? sounds like a bacteria bloom. what are your params?
unless you can provide details on your system it could be anyones guess.
Back to top Go down
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 3:32 pm

The skimmer problem is in my 37g.The brown alge is in the 125g.Pameters are ok amm0 nits0 trates40-50ppm.125g per amm0 nits0 trates10ppm. It's a hob seaclone 100.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 6:25 pm

how often do you clean the skimmer?
Back to top Go down
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 8:20 pm

Once a week and it gets NASTY. lol!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 9:14 am

Maybe clean it more often if it is nasty when only cleaning once a week?
Back to top Go down
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 9:58 am

I thought the skimmer needed some junk in it to work right that's why I let it go a little
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey   I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think my scimmer makes my water slightly foggy,smokey
Page 1 of 1