UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New snail trap from JBL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

New snail trap from JBL Empty
PostSubject: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 8:38 am

New snail trap from JBL Snail_10
Copyright © Jacques Portal

JBL has released a new snail trap – the Limcollect II. For those who haven’t used one before these are quite effective and this model shows real promise too.

Basically you put a fish food tablet in the green section in the middle of the trap —JBL recommend NovoFect — and place it on the gravel at the bottom of the tank. The snails crawl in, but can’t crawl out again.

The baffles inside the trap can be height adjusted to make sure fish can’t get in and JBL recommend you set the trap at night to deter any fish trying to get in for the food. Next day take it out, unscrew the top and discard the pests. Simple and effective.

Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 9:37 am

Shhhhhpify! I'll save the $$ though and just stay with my $1 DIY trap. :o)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 10:01 am

That is always a good plan to. Or get some assassin snails lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 12:03 pm

I just live with the snails! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:34 am

I just use a shot glass with a few pellets in it, they crawl in, I dump them out.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:41 am

I'll have to try Fern's method of the shot glass. I've found that the Flowerhorns and Jack Dempseys love snails!! Good way to keep the populations under control.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:44 am

Fern wrote:
I just use a shot glass with a few pellets in it, they crawl in, I dump them out.

I guess that's one way of kicking the old habbit lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 6:57 pm

well its a good use for them now that I don't use them any more lol!
Don't use the tall ones in a tank with corys or any cats. This guy got stuck like this 3 times lol!
New snail trap from JBL DSCN3943

And yes the snails get dumped right in my flowerhorn tank, they even eat the mts
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:39 pm

LMAO @ that pic!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 5:59 am

lol i used meds bottle and the same thing happend darn cory got stuck in it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:47 am

You would think he would have learned, no he didn't, same darn cory did that 3 times lol!
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 7:49 am

lol...poor thing!

Just get a small coke or water bottle. Cut the top off about 1/4 - 1/3 the way down. Invert the top to make a funnel and re-insert it into the bottom half.

Voila! Presto Bingo Bango Bongo! Instant Cory Free Snail Trap. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:02 am

No, a short standard shot glass works, they can get out of those. I think that one cory is just a little mentally challenged crazy
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:07 am

lol@mentally challenged i have a few of those rofl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:08 am

Well he is the only one that ever got stuck like that and he did it 3 times
Back to top Go down
Mac Myers
Private
Private
Mac Myers

Favorite Fish: : Puffers, Oscars, Snails, Shrimp, Crayfish. Oh... and Fried Shrimp.

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 7:14 am

KMX wrote:
Or get some assassin snails lol!

New snail trap from JBL 858205

Assassins (Clea helena) are very effective. May too Effective if you need to keep some snails around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New snail trap from JBL   New snail trap from JBL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New snail trap from JBL
Page 1 of 1