UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

can a pleco eat a snail?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vgould
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Fundulo Panchax Sjoestedti (Blue Gularis)

can a pleco eat a snail? Empty
PostSubject: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 10:22 am

Hello,

I just found the empty and cracked shell for one of my mystery snails, just a little bit of meat still inside. I have catfish, pleco, leopard ctenopoma and two other mystery snails. The only fish I can think of that's strong enough to suck a snail out of shell is the pleco (he's about 9" long). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vincent
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 10:28 am

Yes they can!, i had mystery snails in my tank and one night my eclipse catfish was sucking one of them out of the shell, also when the snail is about to die the plecos do their job and can start sucking it out of the shell too... good thing is that the snails reproduce so much!! can a pleco eat a snail? 690297
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 11:09 am

So plecos suck? I want some anyway. lmao
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 11:10 am

yes they do.. somehow they will find a way to get them out lol...
Back to top Go down
vgould
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 11:38 am

I suspected as much. One of the catfish is pretty large and the pleco is a beast.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 11:45 am

No problem, anytime!! can a pleco eat a snail? 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 7:24 pm

The catfish may also be eating them as well. Where theres a will theres a way!
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/29/2010, 7:42 pm

Escargot!
Back to top Go down
vgould
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 8:16 am

I have a hard time explaining to my 8 year old why there is a snail foot floating around. The pleco is his favorite, but he doesn't condone carnivorous fish!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 5:58 pm

Well..... it is a fact of life.... Its a fish eat fish world out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can a pleco eat a snail?   can a pleco eat a snail? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can a pleco eat a snail?
Page 1 of 1