UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

HELP!!! lights went out...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

HELP!!! lights went out... Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 6:24 pm

ok my light went out... i have this lighting system...

Odyessea metal halide 48" fixture 692w

specification:
HOI lamp 250w 10000k (2)
250w 20000k (2)
CF lamp 96w actinic (2)
bluemoon 6 LED

and my 2 main lights went out ( white and blue) so i took it apart to get new ones... now why would they both go out at the same time??? anyways get them out and one is cracked and one looks burnt out... weird ok, got new ones and they don't work... wtf

what could be causing my lights not to work? i have NO money for new system, AT ALL... i noticed a fan out? would that cause it not to work anymore, BECAUSE, my moonlights work fine!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 6:35 pm

sounds like a ballast blew (expensive repair)
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 6:47 pm

what is that?
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 6:53 pm

ok i see what they are.... HUMMM... don't see one on my lighting fixture?? Do they HAVE TO have one? ( i took it apart to clean it and see what's up, see if i can find a problem...)
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 7:29 pm

I wish I knew you before you bought an Odyessea brand light fixture. I would have told you to pass it up. They are by far, the worst brand. If you have the newer model (08 and up), It's under warranty. If you have any model before 2008, Just throw it away. There was a fish store here in Houston that burnt to the ground years ago. I would hate for something like that to happen to a fishbox buddy. Check out some of the reviews on Odyessea fixtures(their not good).

Good luck on finding another fixture (which I hope you do).

.........any coral in that tank ???????
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 8:18 pm

naw fish only. .. tank was a gift from friend... wasn't into it anymore ($2000 gift =
BEST FRIEND!!!) anyways... i know they suck... took it apart nitty, and found the ballast, my LFS guy said he might be about to fix it or get me the hook up as i don't have the money for a new lighting system. the light has the be at least 4years old...
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 9:11 pm

go with the hook-up.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 9:34 pm

ok since last post TOTALLY figured out everything... the love being handly, with the help from some fish friends.. Althou, still don't know the brand of it... but workin on it...
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 8:30 am

so you got a new light?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 4:22 pm

So is it working now?
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime11/23/2010, 2:47 pm

those lights are cr@p.... get a coral life... it was your ballast...... cheap junk parts..
one thing I can tell people never be cheap on your lighting,filter(s), and heater(s)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! lights went out...   HELP!!! lights went out... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! lights went out...
Page 1 of 1