UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

clip on lights?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 4:19 pm

Is there any good clip on lights that i could get for extra lighting for my plants so i dont have to get a whole new light fixture? something that dont cost 100+ lol
Back to top Go down

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 6:19 pm

I use constution clip ons from walmart $6.98 each with a 100 watt screw in 6500K CFB (2 for $6)
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 10:14 pm

with the cfb bulbs it say like 13 watts used but output is 60...so does that meen it adds 60 watts or 13 watts for my plants??? since im trying to get 1.5 watts per gallon
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 10:22 pm

From what I have heard you use the 13 watt rating to figure your wpg. I have 2 of the 100 watt equivalent bulbs on my 29 in an old reptile light fixture and it is ver bright an my plants are doing great.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 12:22 am

dang i was hoping it would be the other way..i would think that would be hard to figure cause it is putting out the equivalent of 60 watts ...13 and 60 is a big diff
Back to top Go down

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 12:57 am

26W us being used and bulb puts out 100W
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 2:30 pm

the part that dont make sense is the lamp says nothing over 40 watts or if you use a cfb nothing over 13 watts...LOL guess the lamp sees that 13 watts being actually 60 LOL
Back to top Go down

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 2:59 pm

That's why I use the construction clip on rated for 100w
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

clip on lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clip on lights?   clip on lights? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clip on lights?
Page 1 of 1