UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluebengal
Private
Private

Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Empty
PostSubject: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:18 pm

Okay two question for you all........

First, I have a 92 gallon bowfron I have one Hydor Koralia 3 powerhead and then the filter is obviously moving the water as well but I know I need/want more water movement....what do you all suggest....I have the powerhead opposite of the filter outake and the water is swirling pretty good but I want atleast one more aiming from the other side at the powerhead I have.....Should I get another Koralia 3? And where is the cheapest place to get one my lfs charges a fortune....

Secondly,
So those of u that read my previous post I was super excited that my tomato was hosting a carpet anemone and leaving the rest of the fish alone....I spoke WAY to soon...he got even more aggressive and pretty much was stressing/ running the whole tank...So I returned him to the LFS and I want another clown to host in the carpet but a MUCH calmer clown...I have an Ocellaris and he has nothing to do with it..he was tank raised and I think the poor thing has no natural instict what so ever....I was looking at a maroon...(maybe) it had gold in the white and I didn't think it was a maroon but that is what LFS said it was....and it was hosting a a anemone at the store so I was interested in that one but I did not think they were compatible.....what would u suggest would be compatible with my ocellaris?

EEEEKKKKK Sorry so long!!!!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:49 pm

I am still new but I think clowns are only compatible with their own kind. I have a black and a 'normal' ocellaris together but was told I can't put in another type of clown. Mine are both tank bred and show hosting activity with a soft coral. Maybe once your ocellaris has a friend it will change it's hosting activities. My 'normal' clown didn't do this before but since I got the black one in the end of May they both do it now.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:53 pm

try gettin a K1 or K2 not as much flow @$$ the 3 but will give you a lil more!! you dont want your sand blowin all over the place! lol i think the K1 would be cheaper and effective!
as for the clowns!!!
Marroon Clowns are the most aggressive clown type!!!!! dont get it if you dont want your tank inhabbitants stressed or killed!!
percs(short for perculas) or occies (short for occlerus) are perfect!!!
if your clown doesnt host the anemonie right away! give it some time! he eventually will host it! or try getting it a mate! once paired clowns pretty much want somthing to host!!
youll get their!
clowns will host anything once they feel the need to lol
my LFS has 1 thats hosting a blue mushroom! its funny!
Back to top Go down
bluebengal
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:58 pm

Okay so I can get a australian black and white ocelaris u think? I just seen a pic of one online and fell in love.....

How do I know if mine is Male or Female and if I get another of the opposite sex do they always pair up and becomes mates? What about eggs I don't want a million babies LOL!!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:07 pm

When you say australian black & white ocellaris you confuse me. Australian clowns are orangish red with a single white stripe while black & white ocellaris look like nemo but black instead of orange. Aussies are pretty aggressive and shouldn't be mixed. But the black one can mix with a normal (NEMO) looking ocellaris. Look at this pic of my two....that is the only mix I can personally recommend

Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? DSC00857

Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:15 pm

its kind of hard to tell the sex between clowns.
i think the female is a lil larger than the male is! (all that follows os from a rough memory from reading a post about this it might be the other way round lol)
with clowns its weird because they are born with out a sex! as they get older or mature the more dominant 1s turn into females and the less dominant become males!!!
they can switch their gender like that its crazy! say if you were to mix the female with a more dominant femaale it ould go male!! lol
its funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???   Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two questions..powerhead..and clown compatibility???
Page 1 of 1