UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

powerhead help please!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

powerhead help please! Empty
PostSubject: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 3:49 pm

i have 4 powerheads in my 80 gal SW tank... two pointing down towards the sand and 2 pointing up to break the water... the two pointing up for some reason, and at the same time, only push out a very little water amount.. why is that? what's wrong with them now.. they were pushing out a lot a few days ago... i can't afford 2 new ones, and they still work, so they gotta be fixable...
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 4:04 pm

Your PH are likely magnetically driven. If so then they use a small magnetic impeller to drive the blades. Take it apart (on mine the gaurd is a quarter turn and pull off and this exposes the blades. Then simple pull the shaft blades and magnet out of the housing.) Stick all the pieces in a water/vinegar (50/50 works for me) mix for an hour or two+. Any remaining gunk can be scrubbed off. Then rinse and give it a shot.

I have had many impellers that seemingly stopped work and just needed a good cleaning on the impeller and impeller shaft housing.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 4:10 pm

cool, thanks.. I'm going to mess with one right now.. I'll let you know..
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 7:11 pm

worked perfect!!!!! thanks
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:42 pm

Good to hear! Thanks for the update and happy to help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: powerhead help please!   powerhead help please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

powerhead help please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Lighting, Filtration, Chemistry and Other Equipment-
Jump to: