UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

painting the back of a tank

Go down 
+6
unknown
TangTango
Ashley
istrober
BFinley
alkomist
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

i want to know if theirs any other paint besides spray paint that i can use to paint the back of my 100g! im goint to be adding my sump real soon and with the clear backround i dont want the tank thrown off by all the tubing in the back
also i ask this becuz (if i can use regular paint) ill drain my tank bout 1/2 way slide it over and paint it in side my house lol i cant empty the tank cuz all the fish and sand.....theirs nowere to put it!

would i be able to use rgular house paint?
or
wood paint since its thick i think would cover the glass nicely!
PLZ any help and suggestions would be appreciated:)

Thanx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 12:29 pm

There all over every truck stop. Lol I am currently driving a 2010 Pete.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 12:31 pm

wildbeanerz wrote:
LOL one of the drivers went out to the lot to bring one in for service last week and a female driver sat up on the edge of her bunk with just a short tshirt on. Ummmm...he was shocked!

Was she good looking? Lol
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 12:34 pm

lgsasquatch wrote:
wildbeanerz wrote:
LOL one of the drivers went out to the lot to bring one in for service last week and a female driver sat up on the edge of her bunk with just a short tshirt on. Ummmm...he was shocked!

Let's just say...NO! lol!
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 12:44 pm

wildbeanerz wrote:
lgsasquatch wrote:
wildbeanerz wrote:

Let's just say...NO! lol!

Figures, I have only seen 1 or 2 that was good looking.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 12:45 pm

Yeah I bet...word has it that they are getting a female mechanic in the shop soon too. Hubby is pissed because he thinks they will enforce rules about their behavior that you can only get away with when it's only guys around.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:06 pm

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats funy!!!!! ^^^^
the guys here always wish a girl to be hired bu i think they all have to be chained up to their work stations b4 that happens!!
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:11 pm

alkomist wrote:
LOL wow Small world!!!!!!!!!
what you drive a peterbuilt?? i work for a company called Biagi Bros! maybe youve seen a cpl of our trucks on the road! were mostly Petes!
thats funny! you Wanna Stay away from the TA truck stops here!! Lot Lizards EVERYWERE ;) dirty!
and yes we have Wall Marts Like Crazy here in Cali!
what department do they sell it at?

I forgot it is a super wall mart that California doesn't believe in. The tint would be in automotive.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:23 pm

oh yea! i dont think we have them WallMart MEGA MARTS round here!!:( LAME!!!! lol
owell ill see what i can do!
thanx
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 1:59 pm

Your regular wall mart should still have an automotive section. Just not add big. U can also try an auto part store.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:16 pm

ill try today:)
thanx!
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:38 pm

When your ready to put the tint on clean the hgass with water only!!!!!! It would ne best to have a spray bottle, good Sharp razor blades and a rubber block to get the air bubbles out with. Wall mart would have a tint install kit $5. Maybee cheaper. After you clean the glass spray a generous amount of water on the glass so the tint can stick and slide around easily.

Last edited by lgsasquatch on 9/9/2010, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:49 pm

Cut the tint to size and take it off of the tank. There is a clear film on one side of the tint, you want to take that off to expose the glue, but not all of the way off. Only about 6" to start. Pull the rest off as you go. Spray more water on the tank and put the tint on pulling the clear off as u work down the tank.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:52 pm

painting the back of a tank - Page 2 188269
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:58 pm

That's how I felt till I saw someone else pit some tint on there car.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 4:04 pm

lol ill see what i do!!!!
if its that cheap round here then ill do it! and if its not ill just go with the Ol paint and brush! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: painting the back of a tank   painting the back of a tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

painting the back of a tank
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2