UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Paint removal from back of tank.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

Paint removal from back of tank. Empty
PostSubject: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 3:33 pm

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know if it is possible to remove the pain from the back side of a painted tank?

I have a lil 20g with a scratched up back and was wanting to remove it.

Thanks for any tips/ideas!

Steve
Back to top Go down
LvMyPuffer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
LvMyPuffer

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 4:04 pm

razor blade? unless it's acrylic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 4:34 pm

Razor-blade and patience. The blades dull fast and you will scratch the tank with a dull blade, but if you change them out often you should be fine. Just watch the silicone joints.

If it is an acrylic tank theirs not much you can do.....
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 4:45 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is glass..

Thanks for the razor blade idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime2/12/2011, 6:14 pm

a 45* angle should do the trick
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 10:23 pm

Okay, I was bored and thinking about making this 20g a lil salt tank so I started scraping off the paint with some razor blades. Then I was thinking if I had anything around the house to make this easier. I found some rubbing alcohol, poured a little bit on a paper towel, worked it into the paint and BAM! The paint just peeled off with ease rather than just flaking off a little bit at a time.
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 10:36 pm

wow rubbing alcohol rocks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint removal from back of tank.   Paint removal from back of tank. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint removal from back of tank.
Page 1 of 1