UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!

Go down 
+2
jessecichlidguy
Demonkegman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Empty
PostSubject: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:44 am

Ok guys are you ready for the BIGGEST kick me story.... I seriously gotta be the most retarded person the the world... and paid for it dearly...

So as you know my prized lion fish died 2 weeks ago... then an anemone died 3 days later... well last night my cow fish died as well.... Started to get EXTREMELY discouraged and felt like giving up..

was doing 1/3 water changes every week.. check SW lvls and those were spot on.. Check nitrate, amonia etc etc.... Spot on.... Protien skimmer was kickin good, and (being was it's been 110 degrees in california lately) checked the heater setting and everything is perfect...

so why is everyone DYING!!?!?!?!

got my answer last night... we had the power go out 2 weeks ago, which (unknown to me cuz I'm retarded) caused my FILTER TO STOP!!!!! and since I'm on it cleaning regularly, the water never really got dirty so i didn't realize the problem..

SSSOOOO $150 in dead fish later I feel SSOOO stupid and am PPPIISSSSSSSSEEDD...

UGH!
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:45 am

it happen to the best of us
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:47 am

oh wow i feel so sorry for that dude, you are not retarded, just need to pay a little more attention at every equipment on the tank!, that even happens in the best USA families!!! lol so step up and dont let that put you down..
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:51 am

yeah now the water is beyond crystal clear.. and I know this is how it should look, and i noticed it being not so crystal clear lately and didn't put 2 and 2 together.. lol oh well i DO feel happy know that i figured it out..
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:54 am

nice im happy now!! good job. Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! 772341 yes
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:44 am

Dang!!! lol thats Lame!!!
srry to hear that man!!! but didnt you notice the filter making a weird sound?
was it unplugged? cuz even if the power went out the filter should still try running, and making a funky rattle sound....its happend to me a cpl times! sux big time!
especially when you lose that much $$$ in fi$h!!!
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:13 pm

yeah power went out and on quick... but filter lost it's suction or whatever... was still running but not doind anything... and it's quite... didn't make any different sound. I finally noticed when i went under the tank to check everything out and saw an air bubble and noticed one filter tube without water at all so i realized what happen right then.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:15 pm

lol dang that sux!!!!!
what kind of skimmer are you running?
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:28 pm

dude i couldn't even tell you... i post a pic of it in a second... maybe you know..
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:31 pm

Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Downsi16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 6:08 pm

Its a coralife. they tend to be very finicky.

Don't worry your not the only one who has had that issue..... but I didn't lose expensive fish though.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:42 pm

sorry about your really bad luck. hope things get better soon. cr@p like that happens even to the best of them...
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 5:21 am

Sorry about your loss..... Glad to hear you figured out the problem. Good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!   Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unplugged filter? seriously? ..... FML!!
Page 1 of 1