UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Feeding your fish

Go down 
+9
CajunGator
VAMPY
unknown
BFinley
jetajockey
Jeepluv77
elfwolfe
istrober
fishfriendly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fishfriendly
Private
Private
fishfriendly

Favorite Fish: : Let's see...leopard danios, white tipped tetras, long finned rosy barbs, hatchet fish, white clouds, platys,
guppies, glofish, heteromorpha rasboras, neons, etc...

Feeding your fish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 12:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a question for you veteran fish owners. How often should fish be fed??? I'm so confused! The information I've read, and the back
of the food packaging, recommends feeding 2 or 3 times a day. I had someone tell me yesterday that I should ONLY feed them 1 time- every OTHER day!! That freaked me out! Is that not too little??? I'm afraid if I drop down to only 1 feeding every other day...some of my fish will starve to death!! Do any of you know if that would be enough, or not? I am starting to think that feeding 3 times a day is too much, but I'm really afraid of starving my fish! I have been feeding them small amounts- 3 times a day, and they always seem
very hungry!! What should I do???
If you don't already know what fish I have, here's the list:
leopard danios
neons
red minor tetras
white clouds
rosy barbs (big ones)
heteromorpha rasboras
platys- and a few other tropical community fish.
Plus, 2 otocinclus- which I feed algae disks. Two every night, to be exact.
Help please....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 7:16 pm

Around here everyone gets fed twice a day, then there are others that get 3 - 4 just depends who, what and whether there's youngsters. Small water changes regularly and a power clean once a month on most of the tanks again there is variance in who gets what with the variety of species/breeding groups or pairs. Have a couple pairs if you get their tank to "clean" and they literally become just pretty fish and no where near interested in spawning.

Have a few long time residents that are sure to let me know if they're hungry I wear water and they strategically plan to make sure LOL but after the years "Missy"(hypescelera temparalis) has been here she gets away with it even leave the lid up on the tank for her course she's teaching the youngsters the fine art. Oh and Jaws (dark marble standard fin angel) he's pro splashing people when he thinks he's missing a meal
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 7:53 am

Depends in number and type of fish, food quantity and quality, filtration and water changes
I use to feed twice a day my african cichlids two diferent fish food for 1 min and works for me
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 9:32 am

i feed twice a day but only what they can eat in a mouth fool. nothing hits the ground.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:04 am

i feed all my fish twice a day about what they can eat in 2 maybe 3 mins.. If you feed once you have to put more food in so that meens more food is lost cause it sinks to the bottom into the gravel before the fish can eat it all..
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:08 am

wblueus wrote:
i feed all my fish twice a day about what they can eat in 2 maybe 3 mins.. If you feed once you have to put more food in so that meens more food is lost cause it sinks to the bottom into the gravel before the fish can eat it all..

wow you feed a lot. what kind of fish do you have?
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:13 am

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
wblueus wrote:

wow you feed a lot. what kind of fish do you have?
Firemouth cichlids , siamese algae and chinese algae eaters in one aquarium and black skirt tetras in another. I do have some food go to the bottom my trumpet snails fix that though
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:21 am

i bet your fish are fat lol. cool deal.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:21 am

its also proven that the less you feed the less waste that is produced. just a thought to chew on.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:26 am

lol well i like to see cr@p coming up when i vacuum makes me feel like im really cleaning LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 5:15 pm

My fish are fat too lol! A fat fish is a healthy fish lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding your fish   Feeding your fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feeding your fish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2