UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

feeding tip

Go down 
+5
Marcie90405
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
R2 Ranch
tcova75
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tcova75
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : all cichlids

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime9/24/2009, 10:27 pm

feeding tip 348516 FYI I learned a new trick at the coastfichclub meeting that has been helping to keep all the aggression down in my tank it seemed like everyday one of my comps had a new scar on his face from fighting.. I use to feed them once a day but a friend of mine told me to try to break it up in to three seperate feeding session but just give smaller ammounts at a time. To my amazement they stopped fighting and they all sort of act like a school of fish now, following me every time I pass the tank. Everyones happy and my pleco loves it. Im sure this is no secret but it was news to me. So if you have an aggrestion problem and cant solve it with boundries try it . Works for me. feeding tip 348516
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime9/25/2009, 6:16 am

Thanks for the good information. feeding tip 393849
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime9/25/2009, 8:14 am

tcova75 wrote:
feeding tip 348516 FYI I learned a new trick at the coastfichclub meeting that has been helping to keep all the aggression down in my tank it seemed like everyday one of my comps had a new scar on his face from fighting.. I use to feed them once a day but a friend of mine told me to try to break it up in to three seperate feeding session but just give smaller ammounts at a time. To my amazement they stopped fighting and they all sort of act like a school of fish now, following me every time I pass the tank. Everyones happy and my pleco loves it. Im sure this is no secret but it was news to me. So if you have an aggrestion problem and cant solve it with boundries try it . Works for me. feeding tip 348516

feeding tip 858205
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime9/25/2009, 9:30 am

cool. i feed my fish a couple times a day.
Back to top Go down
Marcie90405
Private
Private
Marcie90405

Favorite Fish: : Clown Loach & Blood Parrot Cichlid

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime11/13/2009, 9:23 am

My fish seem happier to be eating several times a day too.

I had been tanks once a day until I started investigating my different fish online.

Then I began feeding twice a day when I learned it was better for them. They all seem to know when its shrimp and pea day, and I get alot of jumping for food (and my clown loach has begun clicking when its meal time)!

Now that I have fry in one of my tanks, I am feeding the fry 5 times a day, and it seems the big fish have learned to hang out near the breeder net to get whatever comes through the mesh!
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime11/13/2009, 11:46 am

Feed my flowerhorn once a day and he will turn red and kill all your fish/bite your finger. I now have an automatic feeder lol!
Back to top Go down
sherrf1
Private First Class
Private First Class
sherrf1

Favorite Fish: : Saltwater- I have a 28 gal Nano reef setup

Bettas

125 gal freshwater tank with tetras and angelfish

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 9:15 am

I have two automatic fish feeders in my 125 gallon set to feed them three times a day. these are great because they are always fed at the same time and still get fed if no one is home to do so. They cost about $25 each and I love them.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 9:54 am

i hav 2 of those thing but i dont know if one works but the other one i used old batteries to try and it worked, if anyone wants them they can hav it ive been meaning to put them up just havent had the time.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 4:29 pm

Walmart has them for $12 each. Still trying to perfect the timing every twelve hours. Lights are timed for 14....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeding tip Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tip   feeding tip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeding tip
Page 1 of 1