UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

cichlid feeding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 2:04 pm

I have 7 firemouths in my tank and my 2 oldest and largest just dont attack the food anymore like they did when they were young. They look overall healthy but there color is not as good as the younger fish. The young fish attack the food at the top but the 2 largest just seem to stay near the bottom and if food happens to get very close to them then they will strike it but they are not getting much to eat. Is this normal for older larger cichlids???
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 2:08 pm

Have you tried adding some live food to the menu on a regular basis? They are omnivores and may be needing something higher protein - and something that tries to get away.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 2:32 pm

I should get some live food but no i never have used live foods..I use bloodworms..pellets..flakes..crisp and they eat some fresh cucumber sometimes.. What would be the best live food?
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 3:05 pm

Try some frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. I also give some of mine earthworms occasionally. They love 'em!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 3:20 pm

mine likes live blackworms... they love them.. normally give them on weekends... also really kicks them off into breeding... .mmmmmmmmm

cichlid feeding Pix1200
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cichlid feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cichlid feeding   cichlid feeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cichlid feeding
Page 1 of 1