UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
omasakwall
Private
Private
omasakwall

Favorite Fish: : Blue Hippo Tang

Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Empty
PostSubject: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 11:56 am

Hi i was just wondering i have a t5 fixture for my saltwater. it currently has 4 48" white and blue bulbs. would it be a problem for my corals if i made them all blue lights?

Last edited by omasakwall on 8/25/2010, 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i wrote the topic wrong)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 12:03 pm

i would think so because the blue bulbs are actinics!! their maily to give your tank a "look" they also mke the colors on corals PoP!!!! i dont think their for growth!!!

for your tank you need lights that will make your corals grow and actinics wont do that!
Back to top Go down
lizardking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
lizardking

Favorite Fish: : Marbled Shark/ Lionfish

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 12:09 pm

It really depends on what type of coral you have. We have a nano with all blue LEDS and it's doing great. It was something we decided to try out. I'm sure you'll hear several different opinions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
omasakwall
Private
Private
omasakwall

Favorite Fish: : Blue Hippo Tang

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 12:15 pm

do you know what kind of lights are good for coral growth? im still kind of a newbie when it comes to lights. lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 12:28 pm

they use both light for different things. Some corals don't need as much light as others but they all use both types of lights. If you use just Attanics on soft corals i.e. Xenia, Kenya Tree, Leathers (some) they will stand up tall in reach for the light. Looks cools but will shorten their life. Some corals are not photosynthic corals i.e. sun coral (named that for bright yellow/ orange color) but these corals have to be fed every so often.
Back to top Go down
lizardking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
lizardking

Favorite Fish: : Marbled Shark/ Lionfish

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 12:36 pm

If you have brain coral, or anything related. You definitely need brighter light. I do recommend the feeding, my sun coral looks fantastic. We switch up the diet with phytoplankton and mysis shrimp. If nothing else, just use some 50/50 power compacts, they will be fine for just about everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater   Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Bulbs for my 125 Gallon Satwater
Page 1 of 1