UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Plant ID please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 3:49 pm

This I'm guessing hitch hiked in with some other plants, its in my sump and growing quite nicely. Its a floating plant with no roots at all, it seems to have little air sacks like kelp does. Even guesses are welcome! This plant had me stumped!

Plant ID please DSCN2747Plant ID please DSCN2746Plant ID please DSCN2745Plant ID please DSCN2744Plant ID please DSCN2743Plant ID please DSCN2742
The color differences are just from different kinds of light bulbs, there are 2 different clumps of this stuff so I took pics of each.
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 6:41 pm

That's strange last week I notice something that looks the same amongst my java moss which I bought from another hobbiest about a month ago. Mine is still small at this time.
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:01 pm

This is a few months growth. Its in my sump pulling out nutrients so I'm not to concerned about it, just getting curios on what it is because its growing so well and seems like it would be awesome in fry tanks!
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 8:00 pm

could it be Water Sprite or Azolla?
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 8:00 pm

But it does look alot like java moss ... i was doing research on plants lol
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 6:22 pm

No none of those....
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 6:41 pm

it is a type of plant-like algae.. i cant think of the name right now, it was discussed on APC awhile back.
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 6:48 pm

Oh wow another structured algae? lol! This will be my 2nd kind if it is!
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 7:26 pm

mine looks the same but only like at a 1' ball now and no air sacs yet.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 8:03 pm

isnt that the same one you gave me Fern??
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:59 am

No it was just a little thing when I gave you plants so I didn't give you any
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:02 am

lol a little thing?? okkk Plant ID please 393849
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:13 am

It seems to double in size every few days......
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:27 pm

Mine is starting to grow quicker I put it in another 55 that has more lighting.
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 8:04 am

Its bladderwort!!!! http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/node/462 Apparently there are a few forms..... at some point it will start having structure to it.
I took some to my lfs for an id
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:19 pm

isn't bladdewort carnivoruos? I know some of the larger species are. An underwater venus flytrap plant.
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:29 pm

Apparently, but its in the sump for my moorii tank so I think its fine....
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:31 pm

FishVixen wrote:
isn't bladdewort carnivoruos? I know some of the larger species are. An underwater venus flytrap plant.

The info on the link says so. I'd never heard of a carnivorous aquatic plant, but I like the sound of it. I may have to get some!! I know there is always plenty of food for such plants, just keep them out of your breeding tanks!
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:58 pm

If mine get bladders it's going outside to control mosquitoes! lol!
Back to top Go down

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 3:29 pm

The bladders on mine are so small it would have issues getting a mosquito larvae....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plant ID please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant ID please   Plant ID please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plant ID please
Page 1 of 1