UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

To plant or not to plant - that is the question....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

To plant or not to plant - that is the question.... Empty
PostSubject: To plant or not to plant - that is the question....   To plant or not to plant - that is the question.... Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 9:36 am

I've ordered the heater and sponge filter - getting the 15L tank today. Will be dividing it into three compartments in order to attempt to breed bettas.

Now, I have a choice - to plant or not to plant it. I do believe in and love my planted tanks - and feel that they would help balance this system and give hiding places for the fry. I have a couple of options:

1. Create walls of baby java ferns on the two dividers - keeping the bottom of the breeding tank bare.
2. Lay tiles of growing mosses on the bare bottom
3. Fully planting the tank using proper sandy substrate and plants such as microswords/mosses.

Water level will only be 4" at first, then 1" added per week as the fry grow - until tank is fully filled. Will be using 'mature' water from my main planted tank to ensure its cycled.
Back to top Go down

To plant or not to plant - that is the question....
Page 1 of 1