UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yazs2000
Private
Private
yazs2000

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Empty
PostSubject: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 7:35 pm

hello has anyone ever twined in a External Canister Aquarium Filter? ,i have two 55 gal tanks that i want too twin as one ,i know you can do it with bulkheads and pvc and drill the holes in the glass

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/15/34/80/88/dscf1014.jpg
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 7:39 pm

you mean a Wet/Dry? I have never heard of an External Cannister Filter. I run 3 wet dry systems. i love them.
Back to top Go down
yazs2000
Private
Private
yazs2000

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 8:32 pm

[quote="Joe Reborn"]you mean a Wet/Dry? I have never heard of an External Cannister Filter. I run 3 wet dry systems. i love them.[/quote]

something like that but i don't have much room for all that Wet/Dry setup
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime7/22/2010, 7:53 am

Recipe for disaster unless they are on top of each other and the top tank over flows into the lower one. The you cam pump back into the top tank. To many issues if they sit side by side to overflow one of them if flow rates aren't equal....
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime7/22/2010, 8:18 am

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  858205 to risky.
Back to top Go down
yazs2000
Private
Private
yazs2000

PostSubject: my fish tank setup   500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 6:55 pm

yazs2000 wrote:
hello has anyone ever twined in a External Canister Aquarium Filter? ,i have two 55 gal tanks that i want too twin as one ,i know you can do it with bulkheads and pvc and drill the holes in the glass

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Dscf1110

thats one of my 55 have one more to go + im going to setup some more 10

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Dscf1111
Back to top Go down
yazs2000
Private
Private
yazs2000

PostSubject: my fish tank setup   500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 6:57 pm

yazs2000 wrote:

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Dscf1110

thats one of my 55 have one more to go + im going to setup some more 10

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Dscf1111
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 5:51 pm

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/112726-adjusting-1-canister-filter-2-tanks.html

thats looks about the only way to do it....not too sure how you get the water into the "U" though
Back to top Go down
yazs2000
Private
Private
yazs2000

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 9:09 am

next summer i think im going to drill the hole in the glass as its the better way but i got a filter at wallmart for the 55's for now works good

Elrollo wrote:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/112726-adjusting-1-canister-filter-2-tanks.html

thats looks about the only way to do it....not too sure how you get the water into the "U" though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter    500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 GPH External Canister Aquarium Filter
Page 1 of 1