UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Setup coming soon..

Go down 
+2
KMX
istrober
6 posters
AuthorMessage
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Setup coming soon.. Empty
PostSubject: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 8:58 am

I'll be getting another tank today, i think is a 30gl, im planning of building a wood stand so i can put that one and the 10gl i have, pics soon, any ideas of how should i made the stand??..

PD: lol i started with one tank and now im getting contagious with all these fish rooms i see here, but hey its a good addiction.. lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 9:22 am

Very good relaxing addiction. We have some DIY stand threads... YOu could check them out for ideas. I am no wood worker by any means,......my 1st stand I built sucked! by the 3rd stand I was looking pretty good.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:19 pm

Can't wait to see the pics when your finished.I have 12 tanks now and wanting more.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:29 pm

LOL 12 tanks and want more?? rofl i think if i do that ill be getting divorce papers... lol!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:35 pm

I'm already close to those divorce papers. lol!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:38 pm

lol oh god, the good thing is that i have an empty room just for that, and i told my wife ill be selling fish lol so that was a good excuse.. dance
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:41 pm

That didn't work with my wife.She said I would be sleeping with the fish. lol!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:53 pm

lol mine says i show more love to the fish than her, she also calls me a weird do cuz i talk to them sometimes.. Setup coming soon.. 690297
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 12:56 pm

Same here!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 6:59 pm

Me too! lol Fishy Fishy Fishy!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 8:51 pm

i think most people see us are different lol.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 7:16 am

Yeah. Most people don't understand the hobby. They don't sit and stare at the tanks for hours on end...
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 7:26 am

I went and purchased the $74 heavy duty shelves from Lowes. Wrapped the wood with vinyl table clothes, put the tanks on the bottom. 55G fit the best since they spread their weight across the entire length and the ends actually sit on top of the supporting struts. (did put bricks underneath in the center)

These shelves don't do as well with 29G tanks since the particle board tends to sag in the center. So lay pine/hardwood over the top to reinforce/spread weight evenly. Did this under the 37" TV that I put on the top shelf as well - can't be too careful. I did put a sand bag underneith the bottom shelf for more center support.

If you split the unit into two - you can not only have room for two 55's on the bottom + place to hang lights over them - but you also have a nice 'counter top' right at 3' high for prepping/storage/etc.... This countertop will be 3'X8'...

Think I'm going to trade out my 29T for another 55 next year - once the aquatic plants have outgrown it.

At least I can use the fact the tanks are for work/used in class - as an excuse to expand along the wall... They don't have to know that I can sit for a while just watching the tanks and feel the stress leave me.... Better than Xanex! ... LOL (fish don't b***)
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 7:32 am

Every day after having dinner i turn my chair towards the tank and just start looking at the fish for like 10 mins til my wife finish washing the dishes lol..
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 8:10 am

Uh, that's GOING to cause some jealousy bud! Are you planning to be single with your fish? lol!

(Hint: act like you're doing some kind've work while the spouse is working... Like - clean the tank with a sponge...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 8:17 am

I think we all talk to our fish, I know I do!
When you come by for those mooriis you can look at my wooden stand for ideas.....
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 8:25 am

Yeah, ill probably go by on wed or thu.. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 8:27 am

It would have to be after 6:30ish I work wed-fri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setup coming soon..   Setup coming soon.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setup coming soon..
Page 1 of 1