UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Wanting live plants in tank but confused

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KALAHARA
Private
Private
KALAHARA

Favorite Fish: : Black Moor
Black Oranda
Shubunkin
Betta

Wanting live plants in tank but confused Empty
PostSubject: Wanting live plants in tank but confused   Wanting live plants in tank but confused Icon_minitime8/22/2009, 11:14 am

fish

I want to go a more natural route this time around in my tank. I want to put in live plants but I'm a little confused since I've never done live plants before.
Can live plants just be tucked into the gravel under rocks or do I need some kinda other thing under the rocks I plan on using?

Thing is the word "Substrate" is used for a lot of different things on the bottom of your tank. Does anyone know of a site or link that shows you set by step the products you need to make sure you set up the bottom of your tank correctly for ensuring happy plants.

Thanks!~
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Wanting live plants in tank but confused   Wanting live plants in tank but confused Icon_minitime8/22/2009, 12:05 pm

i know of lots of experienced individuals and i have picked up a little info from them but i would suggest that the plants be placed in the substrate with some sort of fertilizer. i realize this is really no help. ask masteroberts. he has lots of plant tanks and could certainly help you out.
Back to top Go down
KALAHARA
Private
Private
KALAHARA

Favorite Fish: : Black Moor
Black Oranda
Shubunkin
Betta

PostSubject: Re: Wanting live plants in tank but confused   Wanting live plants in tank but confused Icon_minitime8/22/2009, 12:31 pm

LOL I'll look for him I just wanna start it off right you know and there is a lot of confusing and conflicting things / advice I keep finding.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanting live plants in tank but confused   Wanting live plants in tank but confused Icon_minitime8/22/2009, 1:14 pm

Ok Tell me your tank info size, fish, what is on the bottom now, what kind of lights you have ect. Also what kinds of plants would you like to have? Do you want the easy ones that are hard to kill?
I'm pretty decent with plants and I should be able to help you out a fair amount. Wanting live plants in tank but confused 393849
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting live plants in tank but confused   Wanting live plants in tank but confused Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanting live plants in tank but confused
Page 1 of 1