UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Help confused!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Help confused! Empty
PostSubject: Help confused!   Help confused! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 10:41 pm

I guess im confused lol i just got a couple of uv sterilizers for the first time and from what i understand to kill bacteria the gph should be 20-25 for every 1 watt and parasites 8-10 for every 1 watt...Then i read that you will have to choose one over the other either bacteria or parasites cause the gph will need to be diff for the two..its a 11 watt bulb so if its pumping threw say 100 gph to kill parasites wouldnt it still kill bacteria to ??? also is there suppose to be a way to adjust the gph ?? mine just says 150gph max and i dont see no way to lower it..................
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Help confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help confused!   Help confused! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:31 am

Yes it will. The longer the water is exposed (lower the gph) the greater amount of parasites/bacteria is killed. If you can get the lower setting without dmg the light fixture you should be good.

Some of the new UV sterilizers are using the "twist" to increase GPH and keep exposure level long enough to kill parasite/bacteria/algae you name it.

I am using a 9 watt Uv with a powerhead built in so no adjustable flow...but it seems to be doing the job..keeps tank spotless and no sick fish
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Help confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help confused!   Help confused! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:37 am

i got a 9 watt with the powerhead built in says the flow is like 220gph..and i have a jebo 11 watt with the powerhead sep...was thinking about maybe getting small canister filter and hooking it to it
Back to top Go down

Help confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help confused!   Help confused! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 10:04 am

Yes the longer the water takes to pass by the bulb the more stuff that gets fried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help confused!   Help confused! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help confused!
Page 1 of 1