UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Peacock Holding - Should I move her?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Empty
PostSubject: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:27 pm

My peacock is holding again. I noticed this morning that she was tumbling eggs in her mouth. I have her in a 55 Gallon with 10 adult zebras and 2 Adult peacocks. Currently, I have no where to move her because my 10 Gallon has a bunch of frys and my 37 has a bunch of juvies/semi-adult. Is it safe to let her hold for 3 weeks and then strip her? I can then place the frys in the floating breeder device.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:30 pm

Yup, just keep an eye on her. If she gets too stressed, or is picked on too much, she will spit them out. If not, you can move her to the 10g, she won't eat any of the fry already in there and will spit when ready.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:31 pm

what kind of peacock is she? and what did she mate with?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:32 pm

ilicurtisili wrote:
what kind of peacock is she? and what did she mate with?

Same question I would like to know
Peacock Holding - Should I move her? 772341
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:55 pm

I just recently bought a red shoulder male peacock because he look like the female peacock that I had. Only difference is that the female was a dull greyish blue color. She was in the tank with the zebras for a while but she wasn't holding. Once I put the male peacock in there, it took her less then a week to start holding eggs in her mouth. I am pretty sure it was the male red shoulder peacock that is father, but hopefully, she be able to hold these eggs until they are frys, and I can tell who the father is when that happens.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 10:00 pm

honestly i wouldnt worry about them. because they are most likley hybrids. most female peacocks look the same, so theres no telling if she is a german red or not. but as long as your not goin to spread them to other people, than raise them and keep them.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 7:13 am

ilicurtisili wrote:
honestly i wouldnt worry about them. because they are most likley hybrids. most female peacocks look the same, so theres no telling if she is a german red or not. but as long as your not goin to spread them to other people, than raise them and keep them.

I agree,

If I were you I would take that female out....you are only causing aggresion. If you want to breed get another tank and get a pair, trio or w/e it is that you want... so that you know what you have for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Holding - Should I move her?   Peacock Holding - Should I move her? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peacock Holding - Should I move her?
Page 1 of 1