UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Cobue holding. . .what would you do??

Go down 
+6
cynodude
proyect01
thebanker
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
Raschael
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Empty
PostSubject: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 3:29 pm

So. . . our female cobue is holding for her first time and I really want to grow out the babies, but I am paranoid that she will spit in the tank. Should I move her? or just leave her in there for another week until the babies have lost their egg sacs??
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 3:30 pm

either way will work. it can be stressful the move them but if the male is too mean then it might be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 3:32 pm

She's not being bullied, I'm just over cautious and we have a spare tank. :) The male pretty much leaves her alone. . .for now.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 3:34 pm

if the male is not bugging her nor are any other fish she should be fine.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 4:41 pm

i totally agree!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 5:11 pm

If you do decide to move her catch her at night and use tank water to fill the spare tank for her. That's the least stressful way to do it.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:07 pm

i always remove a holding female, I guess because i don't really have time to constantly watch whats going on. So its better for me to put her in her own tank when i first notice she is holding. And for me it always seem when they first start holding they still want to take in food, so they come to the top and i swoop in with the big net.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:25 pm

Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? 858205 but I use a plastic container for move the female no in the net to prevent any accident
Back to top Go down
cynodude
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 9:59 pm

cynotilapia afra?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 10:02 pm

Yes Afra Cobue
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 6:17 am

Nice good luck!, i should be getting those this week!! Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? 393849
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 8:18 am

If the pair is alone, or just a couple of other fish, it might work to move them and leave her alone until she spits. Less stress for her, then you can just remove the fry once she has spit. I used this method when I was breeding in Montana, and never lost fry to being snacks.
Back to top Go down
august&jake
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime9/12/2010, 12:34 pm

we built a set of tanks that have dividers in it and we always pull all of our females that are holding and we haveit built so when they spit the fry they fall i to the bottom of the tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobue holding. . .what would you do??   Cobue holding. . .what would you do?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobue holding. . .what would you do??
Page 1 of 1