UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

DIY Python Gravel Vac

Go down 
+2
alkomist
airball2006
6 posters
AuthorMessage
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

DIY Python Gravel Vac Empty
PostSubject: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 1:19 pm

I just built a python gravel using the following instructions and it works.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_python.php

Spent a total of $13.00 bucks using some old gravel vac that I had. Awesome...
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 2:39 pm

NICE!!!!
imma try that!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 3:00 pm

Very nice. Thank you for sharing! DIY Python Gravel Vac 772341
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 4:50 pm

For the waterbed drain pump, walmart no longer sells it. But you can order it on ebay for 5.96 shipped. Also, all the connectors can be bought at lowes, even the plastic tubing. I modified his contraption a little. Instead of putting the waterbed drainage pump at the outside waterhose faucet, I ran a garden hose to my window, then terminated with a shutoff valve. I then connected to the shutoff valve. This way, the drainage pump was closer to the tank and would be able to suck the water out much better.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 10:54 pm

you can find that piece that attaches to the tap at petsmart, its supposed to be the replacement part for one of those python kits they sell, i think i paid around 5 bucks, i went to lowes to get all the other attachments. And i use the clear vinly hose lowes sell at .23 cents a foot or maybe cheaper i can't remember. I came out really cheap doing it my way.
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 8:27 am

Using the water bed pump if a horrible waste of water. You can gravity drain or buy a water pump to move the water outside using it for shrubs, trees or grass. Simply get a fitting and hook the hose directly to the faucet and leave that part out. In fact, my hose simply slips over the faucet after removing the strainer. I attach it with a worm gear hose clamp. Most of the year water from the outside faucet is too cold so you will eventually have to be able to fill from inside the house to get your water warm enough.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 11:52 am

thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Python Gravel Vac   DIY Python Gravel Vac Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY Python Gravel Vac
Page 1 of 1