UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Stocking idea's for 55

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seminoleranch
Private First Class
Private First Class
seminoleranch

Favorite Fish: : Currently my DoJo's they spend hours playing but over all if it has fins I am there.

Stocking idea's for 55 Empty
PostSubject: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 7:20 am

As soon as I get the 55 gallon empty out I think I would like to set up some Africans again. First question I have a light set up that will fit this tank meant for salt water. Has two day light bulbs and two Actinic bulbs. What does everyone think of using this on the tank? I don't have to use it but thought if it would work I might as well put it to use. Second: hit me up with some ideas for this tank. I am looking for flashy color and the husband is looking for something that will interact. I do like doing a mixture of fish so would like a list of ones that could go together. We had Labs and Zebras last time so would like something a little different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 12:00 pm

I would personally either hang onto the light and use it later for a planted tank or sell it. The most light you will need is a double 4' florescent fixture from home depot.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 12:05 pm

Mbuna!!! they look real nice!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 3:52 pm

it is not a bad idea to have a blue bulb as well as a day bulb on your cichlid tank. it really brings the color out in the fish. most of my tanks have T5 nove extreme daul bulbs on them (saltwater version).

as far as fish goes i really no not think you can go wrong with africans but a really nice planted tank is cool as well.
Back to top Go down
seminoleranch
Private First Class
Private First Class
seminoleranch

Favorite Fish: : Currently my DoJo's they spend hours playing but over all if it has fins I am there.

PostSubject: Re: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 4:20 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
it is not a bad idea to have a blue bulb as well as a day bulb on your cichlid tank. it really brings the color out in the fish. most of my tanks have T5 nove extreme daul bulbs on them (saltwater version).

as far as fish goes i really no not think you can go wrong with africans but a really nice planted tank is cool as well.

Thats kind of what I was thinking on the color. I will be using sand, Holey rock and maybe some clay pots for caves. Thought with all the white of the tank, black background then the blue light it would all really make the fish pop. I am moving all the plants to the 175 but I still had two extra fixtures like this with the bulbs.
Any other ideas on the fish? I thought about Peacocks but not sure if the would be enough room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stocking idea's for 55   Stocking idea's for 55 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stocking idea's for 55
Page 1 of 1