UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

55 Gallon Stocking

Go down 
+4
alkomist
h0ngkn0t2
JACK D
CSnyder00
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:31 am

Okay guys. New deal. I'm going to be moving soon to a permanent house. When I move, I want to re-do my 55 gallon show tank with a cichlid that is not spooked by a little foot traffic. My Jack Dempseys freak out every time I walk by the tank and this is not good for a tank that everyone sees. I want a fish that is not shy if there ever was one. I would get an oscar, but my wife doesn't like the looks of them for some reason. Money is no issue. I want lots of colors too, if possible! Let me get some ideas from you!
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:37 am

Moorii lol! , & you are not that far from me... 55 Gallon Stocking 690297
Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:40 am

55 Gallon Stocking 858205
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:43 am

My Moorii swarm against the glass when I come by. My Fronts do the same thing. But for a 55 Gallon, I would suggest smaller Mbuna or other Africans that have really nice color but stay 4-5" or less.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:56 am

I'm not really into Moori guys...Sorry. Rolling Eyes I like their color but I'm not sure I like the shape of them. And like Hong said, I don't think they'd be great in a 55.
Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 8:25 am

Brichardi
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 8:43 am

arowanas are cool!
their mostly at the top of the tank so they gots noweres to hides..! 55 Gallon Stocking Lol
Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 9:05 am

Arowanas get 4 feet long.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 9:11 am

try peacocks mine are doing fine in my 60 gallon some ide but not all get some jacobs and blue susnshines and some mbunas like e yellows and kenyis all male tanks they look nice and you get the wows from people they stay within 4-6 inches
Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 9:14 am

You could also do one flowerhorn, if your lucky your will end up with a personality like Fred's lol! But thats all you could have.......
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 11:03 am

I like yellow labs.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 11:34 am

As long as your suggestions work with the idea that I would actually SEE the fish more than a few minutes a day!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 11:46 am

get some nice gold fish!!!! hahaha 55 Gallon Stocking Lol
they aint scared of anything! jk
Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 12:01 pm

electric yellows, i loved mine. they would never hide from me or even my daughter at that. and she would beat the tank at they would just sit there and chase her fingers lol
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 1:29 pm

tim wrote:
electric yellows, i loved mine. they would never hide from me or even my daughter at that. and she would beat the tank at they would just sit there and chase her fingers lol
e yellows told you good choice
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 5:16 pm

Okay. I'll price some Electric Yellows. Anyone know how to sex them? Or have pictures of both the male and female?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 5:29 pm

6-7 all MALE peacocks
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 8:30 pm

Generally, the males have the dark black border around dorsal, pelvic, and anal fins. Sometimes females will have them but they are lighter; most females will only have the black border on their dorsal fins.

Here's a video of my labs:

Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 8:26 am

love tha labs!
is that 1 male 5 females???
dam hong!!! wat dont u hav!!!!!
u got some of the best lookin set ups iv seen!!!!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 8:44 am

55 Gallon Stocking 858205
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 9:16 am

hey hong! u have any fry???
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 10:24 am

I bought a male and 2 females yesterday very small, maybe an inch. Look very nice and very healthy. Will post pictures once I get them to stop! lol I'm excited to see what they look like all grown up!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 11:32 am

if their anything lik hongs they will be killer!!!!! 55 Gallon Stocking 393849
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:21 pm

weres the pics
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:35 pm

yeah how they doin so far bro?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

55 Gallon Stocking Empty
PostSubject: Re: 55 Gallon Stocking   55 Gallon Stocking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

55 Gallon Stocking
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next