UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 9:55 pm

I'm upgrading my 55 gal to a 125 gal this summer or maybe spring. I love south American cichlids and catfish. So here is my idea so far.

125 gal stocking

1 Ebdj ( already have)
2 blue acara ? Might be just one. ( already have)
1 green severum ( already have)
1 red spot severum
1 Geophagus Bahia red ( already have)
1 rubber nose pleco (already have)
8 Buenos Aires Tetra
2 hoplo catfish
5 Brochis multiradiatus ( might not have them if it's over stocked)

How does that look?
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 6:36 pm

Sounds good to me! I don't know all of those fish very well, but doesn't sound like it would be overstocked to me at all. Where did you get your geophagus?? I want some.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 11:43 pm

He was a rescue. The lfs orders asorted cichlids and normaly it's just random Africans. But they got this guy in and he was with the Africans for 3 months he fins were all ripped up he has hole in head ( it's healing now) . Since no one seemed to want him and he was in poor shape I took him home. I was sick of seeing him looking so sad he was going to die there. Its a great fish I never would have though I would have one but it just happened. I'm glad it did. They are also called pearl eartheaters. But mine is the red kind. Anyways they are common and not too much money. You could ask your lfs to order some if you want.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 1:19 pm

I just don't see the tetras making it very long. Could be just me. The other fish have plenty of room.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 4:39 pm

I was wondering if the tetras would be ok. They are large at 3.5".
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:02 pm

They might be fine, but it could turn out that they get picked on and stress out or just straight up eaten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal   What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this stocking? 125 gal
Page 1 of 1