UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Best Water Additives?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smicho2
Private
Private

Best Water Additives? Empty
PostSubject: Best Water Additives?   Best Water Additives? Icon_minitime4/11/2010, 3:27 pm

I am in the process of cycling my live rock right now so I haven't added anything to the water. What are the best things to add to the water before I add livestock. I plan on keeping some clowns, an angel, a goby, maybe a cardinal, and some mushrooms and maybe some zooanthids. I bought some kent liquid calcium because i had may water tested and the calcium levels were around 320. I added it twice but i figured I would wait until after I did my first water change to really add anything else. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane
Back to top Go down
tnguy86
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Best Water Additives?   Best Water Additives? Icon_minitime5/22/2010, 2:14 am

just have patience and wait out the cycle. a simple water change should replenish most of the nutrients you need. most salts will be low in calcium, but make sure you need it before adding more. and look into two-part mixes like the one bulkreefsupply sells... and dont any anymore until after you did your first big water change....
Back to top Go down
FishyBusiness

PostSubject: Re: Best Water Additives?   Best Water Additives? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 10:34 am

The best way to keep your water consistent is by not adding many chemicals to the water.. While your cycling you don't need to add any additives.. Water changes is all that is needed. This process has worked for me for years. Once my tanks cycle i do water changes 3 times a week. depending on the bioload you may need to do it more often or not as often.

Are you running a skimmer?
Back to top Go down
Smicho2
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Best Water Additives?   Best Water Additives? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 11:05 am

Thanks guys. My tank cycled about a month ago and I have since added 2 clowns, some snails, hermits , and a goby. I also have a small zoa colony and a mushroom. I have been out of town this weekend so hopefully nothing catastrophic happened while I was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Water Additives?   Best Water Additives? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Water Additives?
Page 1 of 1