UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Empty
PostSubject: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:10 pm

So I have my fw fry in a 16 gl Eclipse tank. I did a water change Tuesday and today the water is slighty cloudy (white cloudy) and there is a greenish brown film on the tank, not everywhere just near the bottom and on the corners. I am not sure if it is algae but what should I do? There is nothing in the tank but the fry, a filter, and a heater.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:36 pm

yea thats what it is... mine does that also. i use soft Viva paper towel to wipe the inside. and pressto.. gone! good luck!
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:43 pm

CajunGator wrote:
yea thats what it is... mine does that also. i use soft Viva paper towel to wipe the inside. and pressto.. gone! good luck!
very good to know fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 6:13 am

The tank is cloudy because it is new. I would leave the algae, The fry will more than likely snack on it or it will house micro critters they can snack on.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 10:53 am

When I started the tank I filled it 100% with water from the parents tank. The filter was also in the parents tank. Oh and the tank was in used when the fry hatched, I took out the fish that were in it and just replaced the water and the filter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 1:02 pm

Get some 50 micron filter cloth and run that in the filter laying over whatever kind of pad you have in there. Wash it out in the sink daily. Within a week you should be nice and clear.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 10:01 pm

feed less and lessen the light.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 10:07 pm

Check the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.....................Brown algae (diatoms) like high nitrogen........The white cloudiness could be a bacterial bloom or just disturbed dust from the gravel.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 10:08 pm

Fern.................Where can you get 50 micron filter cloth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:48 am

Any real (not petco or any of those) aquarium place should have it. It usually comes in large sheets that you cut to size. I know my real LFS has that and 2 other micron ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...   Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloudy tank with greenish brown algae...
Page 1 of 1