UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

My water is still cloudy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nighteskimo
Private
Private
nighteskimo

Favorite Fish: : Ranchu, Blackmore, Lionhead,

My water is still cloudy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My water is still cloudy   My water is still cloudy Icon_minitime1/5/2012, 6:21 pm

Flippercon wrote:
It depends on your liking. They are excellent pond fish so I imagine both would work. Sand has a better surface area to hold bb (beneficial bacteria). I also think its way easier to clean. Welcome to the box nighteskimo, have fun!

Thank you for your response. It is greatly appreciated. I transferred my 10 gallon tank into my 29 gallon I spoke of in my last post. The 10 gallon tank, had just completed its cycle. To date I have added one more fish (the Ranchu just a babe) and yet my water is still cloudy? I am a beginner in this areana of fish care. I changed 7 and a half gallons (twice ) this week. Why? One of my children fed the fish for me and put far too much into
the tank. I do add Tetra Aqua Safe to dechlorinate and condition with each water change.
My ph is 7.6. Is there anything I can put into the water to clear the foggy look? I did use all the water from my previous tank. My goal is to have CLEAR WATER I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong HELP PLEASE! I read the water much be changed daily for the Ranchu is this right? I'm learning how to use this site hope I'm doing it right.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: My water is still cloudy   My water is still cloudy Icon_minitime1/6/2012, 2:23 pm

nighteskimo wrote:
Flippercon wrote:
It depends on your liking. They are excellent pond fish so I imagine both would work. Sand has a better surface area to hold bb (beneficial bacteria). I also think its way easier to clean. Welcome to the box nighteskimo, have fun!

Thank you for your response. It is greatly appreciated. I transferred my 10 gallon tank into my 29 gallon I spoke of in my last post. The 10 gallon tank, had just completed its cycle. To date I have added one more fish (the Ranchu just a babe) and yet my water is still cloudy? I am a beginner in this areana of fish care. I changed 7 and a half gallons (twice ) this week. Why? One of my children fed the fish for me and put far too much into
the tank. I do add Tetra Aqua Safe to dechlorinate and condition with each water change.
My ph is 7.6. Is there anything I can put into the water to clear the foggy look? I did use all the water from my previous tank. My goal is to have CLEAR WATER I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong HELP PLEASE! I read the water much be changed daily for the Ranchu is this right? I'm learning how to use this site hope I'm doing it right.
I moved your question so you can get better responses . Sounds like you are going though a mini cycle. Your filters are trying to catch up with the bioload in the tank. Test the water with a liquid drop test AP makes a simple freshwater master test for around $30. Test the Ammonia,nitrites first. If all is at 0ppm, proceed to testing nitrates. I am guessing you have ammonia or nitrites in the water since you say it is cloudy. Keeping the levels under 4ppm will help it cycle faster. Water changes are great for all fish in the right amounts. A 29 gallon tank with goldfish is gonna have a pretty heavy bioload so 50% water changes should suffice once the cycle has finished.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

My Tanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84/videos
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: My water is still cloudy   My water is still cloudy Icon_minitime1/6/2012, 3:14 pm

i think Flipper you have a good point. night eskimo, did you also combine the 10gal filter onto the 29 tank as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My water is still cloudy   My water is still cloudy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My water is still cloudy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Chemistry and Aquarium Equipment-
Jump to: