UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

hi im new!!! i have a question!!

Go down 
+4
Rachael0805
sal
alkomist
Rawr<3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rawr<3
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : clown fish

hi im new!!! i have a question!! Empty
PostSubject: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 3:36 pm

hi you guys i guess im new i juat have a few questions??? hope you can help me out??

well i have a turtle in a fish tank with afrkan ciclids and the turtle is really calm and really dont go into the water much except to eat.
well the turtle out of no where, showed up with a swollen paw. could the ciclids have anything to with it bacuse there agressive?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 3:49 pm

Yes, you should get the turtle his own tank, may I suggest a 40g breeder tank.

welcome
Back to top Go down
Rawr<3
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : clown fish

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 3:52 pm

ok thanks. should i do anything in specific to the turtle so his paw dont get worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 3:57 pm

Um... clean water... Um not really sure, I've never had a turtle. I would think they would sell some kind of basic wound cream or something. But you would want to separate him from the fish while your using it.

I would love to see pics of your fish and turtle!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 4:31 pm

SARAHI????????? that u?
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 4:44 pm

As far as i know, turtles are good self healers, seperate it and give it some time.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 6:55 pm

Welcome and good luck! Yes turtles are great self-healers but if you want to post a picture of his foot you can do that so we can tell you better info.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:44 pm

hi im new!!! i have a question!! 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 7:26 am

Place it in the general freshwater topic.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:32 am

Welcome to the site. sorry to hear about your turtle.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:38 am

lol ppl thats my wife Sara!!!!!
shes really worried bout 1 of our turtles! (boss) she never believes me when i say that we should put him in a tank by himself becuz she wants him with all the other turtles and fish!
shes scared hell be lonely:)i tell her hell be ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:43 am

How big is he? If he is small you could put him in a tank with some liveberers, that way he has a good supply of snacks (fry) But when he gets bigger he will eat the adults....
The turtles need a tank that is designed around them and not fish. How many turtles do yall have?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:49 am

we have bout three Illegal sized turtles
2 red eared slider
and one saw back1 (boss)
all bout 2.5-3"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:55 am

Ok you guys really need to get a 40 gallon breeder tank for them, its a short long tank and good for turtles. If you did it right you could possibly have a pleco and a few community type fish in there. Something cheap in case a turtle got them... Just nothing aggressive with teeth, NO CICHLIDS!
With something like that you could even add a potted bog plant, there are some that have beautiful flowers on them.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:06 am

lol great info!!!! i tell my wife that all the time!!! she just wont budge!!!!
i wanna take em out and put em in a 30 long originally had for em but every time i get a bigger tank she HAS to through em in their! along with her DANG gold fish!!!
ill just do that till she gets the idea....
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:14 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:40 am

Rawr<3, tell your hubby that you need your very own big tank for your goldfish and turtles. a 40g long tank would work perfect for them! Get some nice rocks to pile at one end for your turtle hang out, they need some dry land. Get some in tank filters either sponge or mechanical and use those in it. Ask him nicely for that hloey wood he made, with it floating it would be great for the turtles to climb on till it sinks then give it back (see problem solved lol) Get a full spectrum light to hang over the rock end of the tank so the turtles can do their sunning there.
I would love to see pics as you start setting up the perfect turtle/gold fish tank!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:50 am

lol....... hi im new!!! i have a question!! 40637
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 11:31 am

welcome enjoy the site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi im new!!! i have a question!!   hi im new!!! i have a question!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi im new!!! i have a question!!
Page 1 of 1