UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Puffer question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jax

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Plecos

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/18/2011, 10:50 pm

Im setting up a 55g and I have plans on getting a 100-150g soon. I really like the little fresh water puffers, but read different things about them being grumpy with other fish in the tank. Do they do well with Cichlids? Also, I read some need brackish water. Theres a local shop that has a few that I need to get the names of so I can research them a bit more.

Thanks
Justin
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/19/2011, 2:41 pm

I tried doing a quick search about it and I don't think its recommended to mix the 2. I guess the puffers are quite nippy and need different waters. Someone on here might actually have some experience with them though
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/19/2011, 4:52 pm

I have 4 Drawf Puffers. They are 100% freshwater fish. I have them in a 55gal. with 2 adult wild sailfin mollies + lots of babies, male endlers and brittlenose plecos. If you keep lots of snails for them, they don't bother the other fish. I would think most cichlids would hurt the drawfs.
Back to top Go down
Jax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jax

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/19/2011, 9:20 pm

Do you know a good place to buy the drawfs? The one at the local shop is a red eye puffer, and he was a bit grumpy... If I can talk my wife into it, I have my eye on a nice 36G and could put it in the living rm with a few of those guys!
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 2:10 pm

I bought mine from a girl that sells a lot of small fish, on another forum. I don't think I can mention the name here.
Back to top Go down
Jax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jax

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 10:22 pm

Thats fine, I found a few sites that sell them for fairly cheap. I might have to get a group of them and add them to my tank
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime8/21/2011, 4:40 pm

tomany wrote:
I bought mine from a girl that sells a lot of small fish, on another forum. I don't think I can mention the name here.

pm ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puffer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffer question   Puffer question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puffer question
Page 1 of 1