UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

how do i level my tank

Go down 
+4
KMX
dano
cichlid mania
TanyaQ2000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

how do i level my tank Empty
PostSubject: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 1:17 am

i'm setting up what i thought was the 48 but actually it is a 42 and the tank water is not level - tank is empty again - what's the best way to level the tank as i can't adjust the stand - someone said something about placing on foam for self-leveling - what type and thickness and where to buy?
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 7:23 am

I use foam from Home Depot or Lowes....I cant find a link but its in the lumber area
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 7:36 am

Depending on how unlevel it is you may or may not have to worry about it. My 20g is 1/4" higher water level in the back than the front. I haven't had an issue with it, not sure if it stands true for bigger tanks though.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 10:31 am

It is wiser to level the stand at the floor........If there is a pressure point under the frame of the tank it's self there can be a stress break in the glass........A tank should have equal contact with the surface it sits on.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 10:39 am

cichlid mania wrote:
I use foam from Home Depot or Lowes....I cant find a link but its in the lumber area

Fern wrote:
Depending on how unlevel it is you may or may not have to worry about it. My 20g is 1/4" higher water level in the back than the front. I haven't had an issue with it, not sure if it stands true for bigger tanks though.

dano wrote:
It is wiser to level the stand at the floor........If there is a pressure point under the frame of the tank it's self there can be a stress break in the glass........A tank should have equal contact with the surface it sits on.

how do i level my tank 858205
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 10:58 am

I sue the foam b/c not only does it act as a self leveling material but it also takes away all the pressure points
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:11 am

thanks, gang - you're all so helpful - i just love this site!!!!

cichlid mania, can you send me a pic. do you cut the foam to be say an inch larger than your tank? how thick is the foam? H E L P !! im stupid
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:15 am

TanyaQ2000 wrote:
thanks, gang - you're all so helpful - i just love this site!!!!

cichlid mania, can you send me a pic. do you cut the foam to be say an inch larger than your tank? how thick is the foam? H E L P !! im stupid

I cut it to the exact length....It is 1/4" thick....I will take some pics...Not home yet so it will be a few hours before I can post them...that cool?
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:30 am

awesome - thanks
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 7:51 pm

Hey I didn't forget about ya!!!! I took some pics but I am not sure ehat you are trying to see. there is a tank on top of the foam. I can post them if you want me to, its no problem at all
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 8:07 pm

my husband brought in shims and his level and it's all good

thank you all for your help
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 9:54 pm

Sweet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:59 am

So you leveled the stand with the shims?
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 1:52 pm

Hopefully that's what they were able to do santa . That's the only real method of dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 4:28 pm

We use shims!! :)
Back to top Go down
moparace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Mickey Mouse Platie

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 1:02 am

SHIMS AND A LEVELER... ITS A LITTLE LATE ON THE TOPIC BUT WHO KNOWS. funny
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 6:14 am

I've used shims on a 110 full of water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i level my tank   how do i level my tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i level my tank
Page 1 of 1