UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!

Go down 
+10
typicaltony
Rachael0805
chicknefoot87
bimmertech
philuponthepho
R2 Ranch
CSnyder00
khrister
KMX
h0ngkn0t2
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Empty
PostSubject: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 12:02 am

I added ceramic logs to my tank last week, and my male regular fin ABN has been hanging around the rim with his tail hanging out. I noticed tonight he was deeper inside the cave and not coming out, so I shined a flashlight in there to see him fanning a ton of eggs in the back of the log! My first batch of ABN fry if everything goes as planned!! I'll move him and the babies in a few days once I have wigglers. Or should I move them now? This will be his first attempt at caring for the babies so I didn't want to spook him. Any suggestions are welcomed. Will post pics once they hatch!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 7:49 am

Move them when you have wigglers. Mine is fanning as we speak ....hopefully tomm I will have some free swimmers. This is the 2nd time around the 1st time he eat all the eggs for some reason.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 9:02 am

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! 265353 alright Hong! Nothing like seeing something like this right?
Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! IMG_3298
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 9:15 am

Nice Job Guys! Hope to see some nice fry pics!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 9:16 am

Haha, thanks JoJo. I was excited about my ABNs... can't imagine how excited you were with the zebras.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 12:00 pm

Congrats to you both.... Lucky Dogs!!!!! Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! 772341
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 9:01 pm

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! ABN
Mom, Dad and the kids
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 9:03 pm

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! 265353
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/20/2009, 2:15 am

So wonderful!!! good
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/20/2009, 9:57 am

Really nice pics!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/20/2009, 11:35 am

Wow those are big eggs!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/20/2009, 9:52 pm

That's what I was thinking!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 12:07 am

Updated picture. They have arrived!

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! IMG_7032-1
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 7:25 am

Nice work. Looks like ours are about 2-3 days apart. I just released mine into a 10G. I got some info from a good pleco breeder that once they are free swimmers...sorta like they are now. better get them while they are all together in that cave. Once they come out and spread out its going to be hard to catch them.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 11:28 am

I am 5-7 days behind you guys but my RFABN male is sitting on a clutch right now.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 11:35 am

LFABN?
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 11:56 am

KMX wrote:
Nice work. Looks like ours are about 2-3 days apart. I just released mine into a 10G. I got some info from a good pleco breeder that once they are free swimmers...sorta like they are now. better get them while they are all together in that cave. Once they come out and spread out its going to be hard to catch them.

I actually moved the cave and the dad to a 10G with a heater and sponge filter about two days ago. The dad finally left the cave this morning so I took him out and moved him back to the 75G so he can eat and start makin some more pl*co lovin'. Babies are on their own to grow now!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/25/2009, 12:05 pm

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! 772341
LOVE IT!

Save them for the auction along with all those other babies you have comin out like poop
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/26/2009, 7:51 am

KMX wrote:
LFABN?

regular fin
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 8:00 am

Just updating the pics as these guys get older. Feeding them sinking spirulina wafers... they love 'em!

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! IMG_7072
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 8:06 am

Nice. Looking like they love that food. This is my 1st spawn also...know anything about how fast or slow they grow?
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 8:11 am

THAT IS FREAKING SWEET!!!!!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 8:13 am

No idea, maybe JoJo can pitch in. I hear they grow faster with warmer water and lots of water changes. Thats the case with all fish though right? I'm waiting for them to get a little bigger, then moving them to a 40Breeder so they have room to grow. Gotta find me some driftwood too.
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 9:39 am

i got a couple peices if ur interested. just send me a pm
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 10:38 am

Hong, can you take a picture and differentiate between the male and female parent? I have a few bn's and want to know how to sex mine. Side by side pics are the easiest way to study and tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next