UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Change of guard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
exasperatus2002
Private
Private
exasperatus2002

Favorite Fish: : Haps, Peacocks, Occies, Discus, multipunctatus cats, assorted awesome plecos that I cant afford & some large Cats from south america that most people cant house but sadly try anyway.

Change of guard Empty
PostSubject: Change of guard   Change of guard Icon_minitime1/13/2012, 9:43 pm

Since I lost all my africans & Synodontis after the great freeze. Oct. 29th I was with out power for 5 days. I found myself with an open tank & a chance to give north American natives a chance. I kept the tank cycled with some fathead minnows and now for the past week, I have 4 banded darters (Etheostoma zonale) & 5 orange throat darters (Etheostoma spectabile). Im enjoying them so far. they act alot like goby cichlids but they're not vegan and they dont get bigger then 3 inches. Im looking forward to expanding my collection in spring and best of all if I loose power again, Im good now. I have a battery powered airpump. I dont need a heater. Im hoping to get some rainbow shiners (Notropis chrosomus) and some red bellied dace (southern or mountain). I can even get my daughter involved and collect our own striped killifish (Fundulus diaphanus) or eastern black nosed dace (Rhinichthys atratulus). Does anyone else here keep natives?
Back to top Go down

Change of guard
Page 1 of 1