UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

75 gallon tank in the wall

Go down 
+3
R2 Ranch
KMX
germanreds
7 posters
AuthorMessage
germanreds
Private First Class
Private First Class
germanreds

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus Duboisi Maswa's

75 gallon tank in the wall Empty
PostSubject: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 3:00 pm

I recently bought my first house and have decided to go ahead and place a tank in the wall of my livingroom. on the other side is my office so i will leave it open in there for maintenace and etc. gonna take some pics of the wall and the tank i am going to use. would love any suggestion. i will post as i go. gonna move everything and get the wall ready in the office.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 3:08 pm

Would love to see pics of the process. When I buy a house I will deff. have a tank in the wall. Great choice! 75 gallon tank in the wall 393849
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 3:11 pm

Sounds awesome!!! fish bowl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 3:42 pm

germanreds wrote:
I recently bought my first house and have decided to go ahead and place a tank in the wall of my livingroom. on the other side is my office so i will leave it open in there for maintenace and etc. gonna take some pics of the wall and the tank i am going to use. would love any suggestion. i will post as i go. gonna move everything and get the wall ready in the office.

i have seen a few people do this and i have actually installed one for a couple of people although they were saltwater setups. one of them was made so that everythign was accessed through a closet leaving both sides clean, to feed or do tank maintenance you had to work in a large closet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/30/2009, 7:45 am

After the proposed remodel of my house I'm planning a 1,000gal wall tank.

My only tip is you will want to frame the tank hole with some nice molding so it sort of looks like a picture frame. It will help tie it in nicely.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime10/30/2009, 8:05 am

Awesome. We need PICS lol congrats on your new setup!!

75 gallon tank in the wall 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime11/9/2009, 2:52 am

Fern wrote:
After the proposed remodel of my house I'm planning a 1,000gal wall tank.

My only tip is you will want to frame the tank hole with some nice molding so it sort of looks like a picture frame. It will help tie it in nicely.

this is what everyone i know does, just make sure that the wall is waterproofed before getting the tank running, especially if you have delicate fish. if you get say some drywall fall in teh tank it definately wont be good especially if your prize fish decides to eat it and dies from it.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime11/9/2009, 7:06 am

If I know Fern very well, she will be housing a Silver Arrowana!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 1:35 pm

any upadate on this project?
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 1:43 pm

75 gallon tank in the wall 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon tank in the wall   75 gallon tank in the wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

75 gallon tank in the wall
Page 1 of 1