UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I got a pair of Albino LF BN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jax

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Plecos

I got a pair of Albino LF BN Empty
PostSubject: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/3/2011, 8:20 pm

Im pretty excited about these guys. They have breed several times for the guy I got them from. They are already hard at work cleaning my tank too.

For all you experts out there. Once they lay eggs, what do i need to do? I have read a few different things. They say remove the eggs(in the tube or cave) and put in a different tank. Give me some pointers for them. Im going to try and feed them some veggies and see how they like it.

-Justin
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/3/2011, 8:59 pm

Mine breed in a community tank I don't do anything special for them.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/3/2011, 9:37 pm

You need some love makers. Caves or logs. once the male is in the cave/log with the eggs fanning. Wait 5-6 days. Put them in a grow out.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 6:26 am

I have several tanks with BN in them . They all breed with abandon . No help from me ! LOL .The male will take care of them until they are big enough to come out of the cave . Just be sure there are no carnivores in the tank or they will be crunchy little snacks ! And make sure you do frequent water changes !!
As far as veggies go , mine love raw zucchini and iceberg lettuce !
Enjoy them !!! Ray
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 9:06 am

James is correct , If you don't move the little ones it won't matter. Only reason I get them at 5-6 days is so the male can go make more somehwere else faster. I have ladies waiting on there turn for action . lol! I got a pair of Albino LF BN 690297
Back to top Go down
Jax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jax

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Plecos

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 8:59 pm

Thanks for the responds. I have Their cave that they have used at the other peoples house. and I plan to get another just for more options. I have them in a tank with Demasoni and yellow labs, but all are still 1.5inches.

Once the eggs are fertilized, how long does it take to hatch?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 11:22 pm

5 days to hatch ,, 2 weeks to introduction to their home tank . ( Approximation )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a pair of Albino LF BN   I got a pair of Albino LF BN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got a pair of Albino LF BN
Page 1 of 1