UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Additions from JD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

New Additions from JD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here are some pics of the additions from JD. Fish are great. Was a pleasure meeting him and hope to meet more of you guys as well as see him again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:34 pm

I go to the one in Newport News. The people in the fish section seem semi-knowledgeable. I always double check with a friend of mine if it sounds funny though. Fish I've gotten from them so far have been fine.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:35 pm

I was at the main one in newport news : )
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:36 pm

Too bad I didn't know. I woulda extended an invite to come see the fish and the tanks.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 6:09 pm

Where do you guys go to get your typical fish from? I'm wanting to get some good cory's and other detritus eaters. Really liked the albino I had before the kids killed almost the whole tank. I was just going to go back to Care-a-Lot over here, but if there is a better place I would check them out.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 6:52 pm

really it just consists of me heading all over the place to look at stores then i usually get fish in the mail lol.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 7:04 pm

lol I have looked online, but the cost of shipping has deterred me. To get it in a reasonable amount they want you to spend a ton of money.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 8:41 pm

Well most of the fish I've gotten have arrived in standard shipping , and when you think of the price of gas to drive out and around the shipping cost doesn't seem that bad.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 8:49 pm

I'm not sure where you are ordering from. I need to know that, because everywhere I found wanted 29+ dollars to ship and had a minimum amount for an order.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2011, 9:58 pm

Foose81 wrote:
Where do you guys go to get your typical fish from? I'm wanting to get some good cory's and other detritus eaters. Really liked the albino I had before the kids killed almost the whole tank. I was just going to go back to Care-a-Lot over here, but if there is a better place I would check them out.
Check out animal jungle in vb. They are not as bad as the chain stores. They have a lot of tank space but just make sure you do your qt and whatnots ,it is a pet store.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2011, 7:16 am

I have been there before and thought it looked fairly well maintained. I will have to check them out again.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2011, 7:27 am

Foose81 wrote:
I have been there before and thought it looked fairly well maintained. I will have to check them out again.
Better then most. Some employees are very knowledgeable and some don't know squat, they mislabel fish all the time even common fish. Just make sure you qt your new additions and look at what it is you are buying (similar looking fish get mislabled all the time there). A lot of the tanks they have there are on the same system so make sure you check the plumbing and all the tanks they run to. If there is a sick fish in tank 2 and it hooked to tank 5 be cautious .
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2011, 12:55 pm

Yeah. All I'm really looking to get is a albino cory and another cory or two. Want to put them back just to replace the two that died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Additions from JD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2