UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Additions from JD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

New Additions from JD Empty
PostSubject: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:16 pm

Here are some pics of the additions from JD. Fish are great. Was a pleasure meeting him and hope to meet more of you guys as well as see him again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:19 pm

Awesome I am glad that they are all getting along and you are not having any problems and yea it was good to meet you as well.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:35 pm

Yeah, they are all doing great together. Going to let the fry grow and move them as needed. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:38 pm

Hey foose81 you have room for a female rd? You can have her.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:40 pm

You think she would be okay w/ the oscar, JD, red devil, and 3 Pleco?? If so then I will gladly house her. It's a 75g. If nothing I can move the two red devils to the 55g I don't have anything in yet.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:48 pm

Don't think it would work long term. She has layed eggs twice but never got a thing from her. I have to thin out the stock. I did not plan on keeping her long term. She is about 4 inches.

Last edited by Flippercon on 9/7/2011, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:49 pm

Think the 75g is too small then or the 55g?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:52 pm

For now it will work but as rds get bigger they live up to the "devil" in thirty name. An upgrade would be needed as they grow.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:55 pm

Oh okay. What size do you think they will end up needing? I will take her and upgrade later. Just want to make sure I get it all straight in my head and get a timeline down.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 8:26 pm

Well it depends on what your looking to do. Breeding pairs can do fine in a 90. I have seen people keep mutiple rds in 75 gallons but that's just luck. I got her back in march of this year at 2 1/2 in. Cool man let me know when you want to get her. Oh and your timeline is gonna be luck. Most of these fish just live with other fish unrolled one day they snap.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 8:36 pm

Oh okay. Well I will try her with the others in the 75g for now until I upgrade. I'm not sure when I can make it all the way to VA Beach, but I will try and do it soon. Shoot me a pm of where you live and we can work something out. I will try to keep them together and if she gets to aggressive she can have her own tank until I upgrade.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:19 am

Haha, finally found a new home for the Red Devil! They're all looking great though in their new home.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 5:00 pm

I'm enjoying them. I don't think the oscar knew what to think at first and wouldn't eat, but he had no problems devouring his food today!
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 7:34 am

So far the Red Devil Brian gave me is getting along fine with the one JD gave me and every fish in the tank is ok. Was worried I'd have to split them up, but luckily they are doing fine.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 7:45 am

That's good to hear . I'm glad you made it work.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:26 am

Going to have to get fish for the tank in the house now. Tank crashed when my sons decided to mess with the tank heater and crank it up. Lost 2 goldfish, a vail tail goldfish, a black moor, two cory cat, and a tiger loatch. All they have left is a bala and a blue gourami. Hope they learned their lesson and the other two fish don't die as well.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:29 am

Jd is getting rid of his tinfoil barbs. Give him a call.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:39 am

Wonder what he wants for them?

Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:40 am

Also, would they do okay with the Bala and the Gourami?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:46 am

Foose81 wrote:
Wonder what he wants for them?

Nothing. He has a post on here ,he is gonna take em to the pet store if no one takes them. Yes they will do fine with the other fish.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 9:52 am

I haven't seen any new posts on here for weeks. I'll have to check it out. I wasn't sure if the water type would be right and if they would pick on the Gourami.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there you go homie haha , I was driving all over the place today if I would have know you were invested I would have met you somewhere all wells . FYI CONGO BARBS AT CARE A LOT FOR 2.99 ..... if only i wasn't on a fish strike haha
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:06 pm

I can't remember if I saw them when I came by or not. Oh well. I'm trying to find a good LFS over here besides Care-a-lot, but thats where I get my dog-food from so it just tends to be where I look at and get my fish supplies as well.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:30 pm

Not to burst your bubble but the care a lot here in vb has very bad upkeep. Be cautious when purchasing livestock from there. After going inthe store multiple times and talking to the fish dept. Manager and employees , they are basically clueless when of comes to fish. They are more of a dog/cat store. They do have good prices on fish supplies though.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 5:34 pm

I go to the one in Newport News. The people in the fish section seem semi-knowledgeable. I always double check with a friend of mine if it sounds funny though. Fish I've gotten from them so far have been fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Additions from JD   New Additions from JD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Additions from JD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next