UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!

Go down 
+6
Kasshan
KMX
strikingthematch
Terry
D'Claro
BFinley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:39 pm

Well we had to move to another house wich is a lease house and I lost my fish room that I had.The new house is nice and we like it,but there is only room for a couple of tanks in the house.I have my 140g acting as a wall between the dining room and the living room wich looks good.The problem is I cannot setup tanks for breeding and fry.I know I could use the garage for my tanks,but it would be a hassle in this garage plus I connot modify the garage to make it easier for me.I had to get approval from the management company just to put a few tanks in the house.I am thinkfull they let me put a few tanks in the house though.I also had to get rid of my beautiful and sweet pitbull that I had since they don't allow pits.So I'm planning to only have my Front's and a few other fish in my 140g and I'm gonna setup a salt water tank and a shrimp tank and thats it.I'm hoping that we can buy a house after the lease is up and then make my fish room again.It stinks not being able to breed fish and spread them through the hobby.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:45 pm

It sounds like it's going to be a big adjustment. Hang in there. We had to give away our pit bull when we moved to Cincinnati. This was years ago, when pits were first starting to be in the news all the time. Sad day.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:45 pm

I know how you feel. I lost mine a couple of years back when we sold our house and had to live with the inlaws for a while. Didnt know what to do with myself.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:54 pm

I hate those no pit rules... I think they have the worst rap in the history of dogs for no real reason. All the pits I have ever known have been sweet and very protective. I mean just look at the history of the breed.
Pits are not breed to kill and mull people. They are animals, and just like ANY other powerful breed it is the owner that must teach and place limits on the dog.
I would say I have seen 10x the aggression in smaller dogs. Snappy little things. Pits get this horrible rap sheet I think mainly because they look very intimidating. Just like many black dogs or those the resemble wolves are feared for nothing more then looks. It also does not help with all this dog fighting business... but hat is a whole other world. I guess even with this massive resource called the internet people are too lazy to do any real research and would rather condemn an animal with no just cause!

AND rant off...

I hope your tanks work out and I am sure you will cope with the tank you have. At least they didn't say NO tanks!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 7:15 pm

Good rant! I hate it also! I have been forced to move b/c of my Pitts. They are like family to me though. If they go I go.

Sucks you have to down size , atleast you get to think of what to keep all over again once you get comfy.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 8:49 pm

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/208644/20110905/dog-kills-baby-texas.htm

any breed is capable of seemingly random malevolence, but agreed that that pits are singled out
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

Favorite Fish: : Gourami, Cory, Balloon Mollie, Golddust Mollie, Pleco, Goldfish, Betta ( those are all i have) I wish i could have others too

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 9:25 pm

BFinley, sorry about the loss in your tank..Would you be interested in a pleco to start restocking with? rolling eye
I can't afford the hobby anymore and i'm trying to place my pleco as it's the biggest one i have
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 9:35 pm

yes i digressed a lil off topic. but hey just look forward to when you own your house!!! but one has to sympathizes with the landlord tho. ive seen some reeeeal bad tenant+pet horror stories first hand O_O
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

Favorite Fish: : Gourami, Cory, Balloon Mollie, Golddust Mollie, Pleco, Goldfish, Betta ( those are all i have) I wish i could have others too

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 9:38 pm

I wouldn't think a landlord could have a problem with aquriums as it wouldn't cause any damages to the house exactly so long as you don't have water damanges from the tanks, lol!
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 9:50 pm

lol tank burst XD ive seen the aftermath at an apt complex, boy o boy tht apt stunk bad even after all the water all cleaned up and dried.
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 10:15 pm

I live in fear of that happening to one of my tanks lol, or a crack..
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 2:52 am

Hell, I bought my own house in the country, I owned a doberman... dam I still miss him. most Insurance companies would not look at me.
Finally one would.

Would I shoot a break in... nope the dog would have him.
Do I own a gun? ... nope I own a Magnum 45 Doberman
Is he trained?... Yep, never bit anyone that didn't piss me off.
Does he have a safety catch? Yep.... family safe catch on... family in danger. catch off.
How do you know he is safe? Had a small child climb all over him, but when a friend came to visit with her son, the son I detested, the dog sat between me and the son the whole evening, watching him.
"Dang your dog likes me" he said.... "Yeah sure" I replied.
Snap fingers when someone came to the door, and he lay down.
When we were out and he was "on patrol" only a fool would have broken in.

The dog is what you make him/her.

Oh the rental company when we got him before I moved... oh yes, he's only here for a week whilst the owners are on vacation
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 9:17 am

My pit thought she was a lap dog and would always want to sit in your lap.She never bothered anyone.I'm thinking of buying a house in the country so I can have whatever dog I want.I was going to keep all my tanks so when I got my own house I wouldn't have to buy much more.Now that I think about it instead of them sitting empty in the garage I thought I would sell them so others in the hobby could enjoy them.There will always be deals when I'm ready to get more. Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:09 am

sorry to hear that. my tanks are currently in storage.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:38 am

That sucks bud, how long are you stuck in that lease.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:54 am

Justin one year! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!   Moved and lost my fish room!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moved and lost my fish room!!!!!
Page 1 of 1