UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."

Go down 
+2
Jd.
jb1edlover
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Empty
PostSubject: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:40 pm

Got out the camera tonight and got some pictures of some of my very young adult PN "Makobe Is." For those that don't know Pundamilia Nyererei are very very Pretty fish and full of color even at a young age. This particular "alpha" male is only about 2-2.5 inches long. They show dominance very early even at less than an inch long they show colors. I have a couple batches of fry of these fish that I will be trying to spread out soon. Sorry the tank glass is a bit dirty but I'm not showing you a tank picture I want to show a beautiful fish in the tank!

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   010-7

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   012-3

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   014-4

I put a finger in this picture to give you a reference so you can see how small these are!
Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   013-3

Is there any doubt as to why these fish keep winning "Best in Show" at the ACA conventions?
JB
Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   011-2
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 12:42 am

Cough cough meeting in 1 week bring some of these haha

Very nice fish I am pretty amazed to see the colors at the size they are , threw all the research I've done of the different Victorians I haven't seen anything like that truly a lovely fish.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 11:13 am

very nice fish!!!!
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 11:45 am

Thanks guys, I got the "breeding colony" about 2 yrs ago from a lady named "Sandy" at the Cincinattie ACA. (she "Sandy" has since passed away) anyway this colony was from the same batch that the "Best in Show" winner that year. I have a direct son from the winner as well. This picture is a second generation from that fish. I've got a back up colony at a hidden "undisclosed" location and they breeded there too... I will eventually back away from most of my other cichids and work with Pundamilia Nyererei pretty exclusivly. I want to be one of the "Names" when you think of them. Moving back to San Antonio in a few years will put me back in the middle of things! Don't get me wrong there are tons of cool fish out there, but I think that I will best serve the hobby if put more time with a few species than I will putting a little time with a lot of different species.
JB
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 12:17 pm

Yes these fish are awesome!I have about 15 of them and there daddy thats 4".I'm hoping to keep breeding them.I was thinking of the same thing as you JB of just doing mostly PN.Great looking fish! yes usafishbox Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   772341
Back to top Go down
DaMenace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Frontosas, Discus and Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 12:43 pm

Wow! I like the color! Very nice! I would love to get my hands on some of those... Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 1:24 pm

DaMenace the best place to get these guys IMO is the hillcountrycichlidclub.com there are others out there but you just never know quite what you're going to get. The HCCC has a really large group of Victorian enthusiast and they really work in getting these fish spread out. You should get with KMX and some others in your area and consider heading to San Antonio the first week in NOV for a very big conservation based fish show. Some of the guys that explored and actually brought a lot of the victorians we have in the hobby today will be there speaking. Then the auction will be full of fish like these!
JB
Back to top Go down
DaMenace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Frontosas, Discus and Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 2:52 pm

Sounds good... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 4:07 pm

Beautiful JB. I would love to come by your place sometime and see these in person. Any chance you will be bringing any fry to the meeting?
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 5:11 pm

I will bring something to meeting... not sure what yet. I have to be very careful with these fish. One of the biggest problems is these guys getting into the wrong hands.... I don't want to start a hybrid fight right now but these guys will breed with filters if the mood hits them. Take their colors and other fishes size or cool features and idiots will try to "make" new fish. I like to get to know the folks a little before I give these away. I won't sell any, I don't do the money thing. I will only give them away but only to someone I trust! Several of my friends have been burned lately. One guy gave some very rare and beautiful fish to someone for free and low and behold they eneded up on Aquabid the next week and the guy was asking BIG $ for them. I know for a fact there is a guy in Calfornia that buys these and crosses them with all kinds of fish and then tries to sell them as "Exotic new fish" he makes up some stupid name and sells them for big money.... Anyway I'll be bringing something I just haven't decided what yet. It'll be a last minute decision.
JB
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 5:17 pm

I completely understand. I look forward to discussing these fish with you at the meeting.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 5:28 pm

I got lucky with 1 male and 1 female and got a 20 fry from them and are now about a 1 1/2" and 3 really dominate males that are fully colored up.I gave the momma and another full grown male I had plus 4 fry to Kory( KMX )so he could get them going again.I am hoping to do a 55g species only tank as soon as I finish moving.These are the only Vic's that I have now and there awesome fish.I hope that I can keep them going.I still have the daddy and he looks great. Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."    Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pundamilia Nyererei "Makobe Is."
Page 1 of 1