UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands

Go down 
+9
BFinley
jnjholding
CSnyder00
alkomist
lmod58
thebanker
h0ngkn0t2
Ghoulish_chaos
KMX
13 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/3/2010, 8:23 pm

usafishbox Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands 690297

Just got these in! Very nice at such a small size. Click on the video!

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Th_SDV_0217

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Th_SDV_0418

Last edited by KMX on 6/17/2010, 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/3/2010, 11:57 pm

How much are these going to run for?
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/4/2010, 2:18 am

looks good Kory... you are going to get the Victorian Bug soon... :)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/4/2010, 7:14 am

Ghoulish_chaos wrote:
How much are these going to run for?

Not for sale... Just for the show tanks and to breed

h0ngkn0t2 wrote:
looks good Kory... you are going to get the Victorian Bug soon... :)

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands 690297
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/4/2010, 2:30 pm

nice colors on him, hope you can get them to breed.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/4/2010, 9:33 pm

I was very shocked to see such nice colors at a young age. I put him in the show tank and the other males were pissed all night long b/c of his red. Nobody else in the tank has that bright of a color yet so I think everyone was a little jealous.
Back to top Go down
lmod58
Private
Private
lmod58

Favorite Fish: : just about all african cichlids and
rare msobo and trophs

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/5/2010, 12:42 am

will be a great looking vic as he grows out the upper body will be a bright red before long . i sure you will enjoy the colors as they come out .
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime4/5/2010, 9:17 am

SUPER NICE PICK UPS K!!!!!!!!!
looks realy nice! amazing kolorz on the lil guy!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime6/17/2010, 11:28 am

Some new Video!

Click

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Th_SDV_0418
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 3:00 pm

Any info on care?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 3:25 pm

I would recomend a group of 2-3 males and 10 or so females. 40G or bigger(if that big of a group) Some rock area and bi weekly water change.
Back to top Go down
jnjholding
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/25/2011, 11:03 pm

I like these alot, and would love to eventually find some to go in my mixed 180 tank.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 12:09 pm

These are great looking fish!I have about 20 growing out right now with the males already coloring up at just over and inch.I'm hoping to get these breeding when they get old enough.I got lucky with one male and one female in 55g. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:07 pm

Yeah its hard to get 1m /1f to breed because the male is so relentless on the female he usually kills them in the mating process. Congrats on the big spawn! 2 out of the last 3 ACA best in shows have been Pundamilia Nyererei! They are getting more and more popular!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 4:47 pm

jb1edlover wrote:
Yeah its hard to get 1m /1f to breed because the male is so relentless on the female he usually kills them in the mating process. Congrats on the big spawn! 2 out of the last 3 ACA best in shows have been Pundamilia Nyererei! They are getting more and more popular!

Yeah I was shocked when I saw her holding for the first time.I want to keep breeding them.I would like to get some diffent Vic's to breed also.I'm getting more into Vic's now!Thanks!
usafishbox Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands 772341
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 7:48 pm

Nice fish! I recently had some of those and had the males color up. they sold pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
vicdude
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 7:57 pm

i couldnt agree more this is a great species. here a few pics of them from my tank.

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands IMG_4405
Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands IMG_5543
Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands IMG_5212
Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands IMG_5205
Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands IMG_5262
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 8:02 pm

NICE pics vicdude!!
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 8:14 pm

No doubt about the males coloring up even at 1 inch you can tell the males! Nice fish!! Pundamilia Nyererei is my favorite Victorian by far!
JB
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:14 pm

I have a tank Im setting up and these are one of the ones Im considering to get for breeding in it.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:33 pm

Ben make sure you don't get anything that resembles them if you plan to breed them (I'd recommend species only tanks for breeding)... they are very well known to Cross with anything that moves!! They will even breed with a sponge filter in dim lighting! If you get something that looks really different then you can see if something is wrong! Just my opinion though.
JB
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:48 pm

This tank is species only for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands   Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pundamilia Nyererei Makobe Islands
Page 1 of 1