UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

tidewater fishtank rescue

Go down 
+12
Russ722
Alton S
strikingthematch
Ben
zeashness
Foose81
Flippercon
James0816
jb1edlover
KMX
Jd.
WildWiley
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 12:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

so when my fish tank leaked away while i was on vacation i posted an ad on cl and came away with a 55 gallon set up stand light filter and a marineland magnum 300 canister filter and 75 gallon rr tank with a hob protein skimmer all for free i decided to start the tidewater fish tank rescue because apparently the people in the area are just itching to give fish stuff away lol so any one in my area let me know if you need any thing and i will try and get it for you also if you dont want any thing let me know i will be posting photos of my 75 gallon reef tank i will be using any one that can help me with a sump build please do
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
James0816
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 8:01 am

How small is small?
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 6:56 pm

i am pleased to report i have collected and passed along a couple tanks to some friends letting the hobby spread for free woot
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 6:59 pm

That's awesome. Keep up the good work. If you find anyone selling or giving away a 48" light for salt tanks let me know.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:02 pm

think i saw one on cl today
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:03 pm

nvm it was a 36
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:46 pm

I have a saltwater reef tank light... it was very expensive new.... make an offer I've given up saltwater and it's way to bright for fresh water.

This is the light:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Like I said, it's collecting dust in my garage, it could be yours!
JB
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:57 pm

ill paint your house?
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:58 pm

thats what i do for a living now lol
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 8:07 pm

i can also pressure wash it
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 8:52 pm

pm'd you jb1
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 9:41 am

OH man. Someone was just giving away a breeding pair of Angels for free on Craigslist. I just called but apparently someone beat me at calling. Please tell me it was one of you guys LOL. She said she'll get a hold of me if they don't show up, so here's hoping they don't show up!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 10:15 am

Not me lol I am trying to get rid of fish not pick them up haha.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 12:31 pm

Oh man, what luck. The person didn't show up, I got a call maybe 40 minutes ago and we just got back with them. ^_^ A breeding pair of Angels, 2 Siamese algae eaters and a Black Molly for free. Not too shabby. The Angels don't look to be quite a year yet, and are Marbles. Actually, one looks like a Marble Koi Mix, but we need to get them in their own tank and examine them better to know for sure (I'll take pictures once that's done).

It's too bad they weren't giving away their other fish. They actually had a few breeding pairs of Blue Rams.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 12:51 pm

Nice find!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 5:26 pm

Well they are safely in their tank now. I have been looking for something to add to my 45ish gallon custom acrylic tank and I now have it!

They are not full size in fact they look to be a very young pair but as long as their fry are healthy I will be a happy guy!

Slowly but surely I will get some good breeding pairs built up! Pictures to follow soon. I want them to get all settled in so it might be a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 3:04 pm

Good find. I always cruise the CL for rescues. Got to do it alone on the Hampton side I guess lol.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 5:21 pm

Yeah I normally won't venture across the bridge unless it is something really nice :)
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 9:16 pm

So we're not *quite* sure which is which yet (sex wise), but here are the breeding pair we got for free the other day:

My favorite of the two:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The other one:
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 9:30 pm

I already had sexed them... just forget who was what. They had their tube/spike down when we got them so I took note just forgot who had what now haha.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/18/2011, 7:42 pm

Guess who laid eggs!!?

My favorite is the female apparently:

Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/18/2011, 7:54 pm

Congratz! My rams just laid eggs again.
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/18/2011, 7:58 pm

Congrats and good luck!
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 5:29 pm

I am still doing this just started back up and have had a couple donations this week mostly small tanks but if any one needs anything I'll keep an eye out
Back to top Go down
Russ722
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Anything with fins

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 6:33 pm

i could use some rock,fake plants , driftwood , and a filter or anything for a 55 gallon let me know if u have anything and how much you want.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 6:34 pm

Yeah man I got some stuff for ya
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 4:42 pm

Hay check this lady out see if you can help her. Tell her about the box.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tidewater fishtank rescue
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next