UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Empty
PostSubject: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:08 pm

I found a nice little piece of driftwood at a river, so i figured i'd use it. i think it looks very nice. It's been in my nursery tank/clippings tank getting java moss attached to it (which has clippings from random plants growing out of it) It also has moss/algae growing on one side of it from having so much indirect sunlight on it. I think the algae looks good on it... kinda natural.

I've been planning on putting it in my 29g living room tank, but i'm concerned it may take away some of my tiger barbs' free swimming area. I'm also broke atm, so i'm wondering if it would be possible to sell it. while it isn't too fancy, i've seen crappier pieces listed as "sold" on websites. Here are some pics.

right side up
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00070
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00069

sideways
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00067

from the bottom
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00068

this is about what it would look like in my 29g. please let me know if it crowds it up too much for 9 tiger barbs to cruise around =)
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00071
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00073
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:42 pm

I personally like it. I'd buy it from ya if you lived near KC.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:47 pm

Plenty of space for your barbs. I would set it in as you held it. Nice find. Be cautious of the bacteria that live in the ecosystem you found this from.
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime7/5/2011, 8:48 pm

Is that Yoda in the background?
Back to top Go down
Glabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Glabe

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Barbs, Botias and Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime7/6/2011, 12:04 am

thanks! i'm trying it out in the 29g, but i had to flip flop it to keep the moss from going into the filter =(

and there shouldn't be any bacteria, i cooked it in the dishwasher twice

and heck yes that's yoda! vader is in there, too. can't beat a Star Wars tablecloth backdrop!

here are front and side pics. any aesthetic or feng shui advice will be graciously accepted!

Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00080
Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? IMG00081
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??   Driftwood Piece.  Use or Possibly Sell?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driftwood Piece. Use or Possibly Sell??
Page 1 of 1