UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

tank size

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Don't know I have one..new

tank size Empty
PostSubject: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 10:38 am

Becaues I'm getting 3 Dwarf G.for the 55 and already have female betta, will they tend to eat, or pick on some Endler's that will coming shortly.The female Betta seem to get along with everyone.But Endler's males are small.Should I just put them in the 10 ?I have planted 10 gal.And 5 gal
Fish aren't here yet
More plants aren't here yet.Delay by fire in AZ. furious
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 11:31 am

I had some endlers shipped to me a couple years ago (or less). The only ones to survive shipping were the babies. I would think the betta and gourami's would easily be able to eat them if they are not adults. I'd be way too afraid to put them in the 55.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 11:41 am

Shea wrote:
I had some endlers shipped to me a couple years ago (or less). The only ones to survive shipping were the babies. I would think the betta and gourami's would easily be able to eat them if they are not adults. I'd be way too afraid to put them in the 55.
Thanks Shea.Is 8 Endlers in a well planted ten O.K ? Not that I have anything elas.The 5 gal will be for babies.
Can I ask, there no good pet Fish stores around you ? There's a place in Rogers I haven't been to yet.It's call Exotic tropicals.I check out a place called "Under water worlds".
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 11:56 am

If you mix the males and females in the 10 you'll have a population problem pretty quickly. You could try some of the adults in the 55 and keep an eye out for trouble. Hopefully someone else who keeps endlers will chime in. What kind did you order?

The only pet store we have is Petco. There used to be a small one in Harrison (vets office) and Springfield has some but I really don't go to them anymore. Ok, I'm lying.... I bought some goldfish from Petco a couple of days ago. Ha-ha!
Rogers is too far for me to drive, it's far from you too I think!

When you order online make SURE you check the persons reputation and shipping practices. I've had DOA's on overnight shipping more than once. I've ordered from others who I've never recieved anything DOA.
Let us know when you get your endlers. I'm excited for you.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 12:43 pm

Shea wrote:
If you mix the males and females in the 10 you'll have a population problem pretty quickly. You could try some of the adults in the 55 and keep an eye out for trouble. Hopefully someone else who keeps endlers will chime in. What kind did you order?

The only pet store we have is Petco. There used to be a small one in Harrison (vets office) and Springfield has some but I really don't go to them anymore. Ok, I'm lying.... I bought some goldfish from Petco a couple of days ago. Ha-ha!
Rogers is too far for me to drive, it's far from you too I think!

When you order online make SURE you check the persons reputation and shipping practices. I've had DOA's on overnight shipping more than once. I've ordered from others who I've never recieved anything DOA.
Let us know when you get your endlers. I'm excited for you.
Everything far from me.
I'll Keep you posted.I check this guy out.Also he on anther AQ. group.They have gotten fish from him.They say he's great.We 'll see.I pray they come alive.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 1:05 pm

I keep endlers and I would not put them in with a betta or really any other fish that is bigger than them. I have a couple pristella tetras I am gonna try to mix with a few endlers just to see. A heavily planted 10 will be fine for awhile for endlers but you will get over run soon. I have mine in a 10 with about 25 fry atm. I have another ten Im gonna use for growout but have started lining up people to sell them to because they are moving quick.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 1:13 pm

I'll get 30 gal in few months. My hubby dosen't know that. And already a few people who want some.There's Backyard fish store here.He would to have some.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 3:55 pm

It is definitely a good thing if you find a store that will work something out with you. They will love a 30g for sure. What kind of endler's are they? My 3 adults are wild caught.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 4:48 pm

Ben wrote:
It is definitely a good thing if you find a store that will work something out with you. They will love a 30g for sure. What kind of endler's are they? My 3 adults are wild caught.
just he say's pure line .But Glass P.
He working on paper to prove his line and he'll be selling glass N soon.I 'm getting some when dose.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 7:40 pm

I keep endlers in with BN Plecos , and Cories , and Loaches . Any bottom feeder would be ok with endlers. I have some Golden's in with some platies and they are doing fine. Actually have about 15 fry from them 3 days ago. They are in a planted tank.
Ray
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 10:50 pm

lifeisgood wrote:
I keep endlers in with BN Plecos , and Cories , and Loaches . Any bottom feeder would be ok with endlers. I have some Golden's in with some platies and they are doing fine. Actually have about 15 fry from them 3 days ago. They are in a planted tank.
Ray
Platies aren't picking on them.I was give a pair...ya right.Ended up being big males.Very unhappy males.If you know what I mean.lol There about 3 " long.very pretty but big.Thanks ~Can't waite to see if my endlers come alive & healthy.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 11:15 pm

At 3in long they seem like they are crossed with guppies in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 11:58 pm

Ben wrote:
At 3in long they seem like they are crossed with guppies in my opinion.
these two platies are big..but look full Marigold platy .I'll show a pic.if can get one.Maybe mix with somthing .I never seen a guppy this big.but that would be awesome if guppy got this big.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 6:09 am

Sorry I read that wrong. I thought you were saying the endlers were 3in long LOL. I have seen quite a few big platies but in my experience its usually the females. Pretty surprised the males are that big lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tank size Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank size   tank size Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tank size
Page 1 of 1