UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

covicts breeding like crazy

Go down 
+2
CajunGator
mice&fish1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mice&fish1
Private
Private
mice&fish1

Favorite Fish: : 2 parrot fish,7convict cichlids, 1 eclipse catfish,2 plecos, a lot of goldfish, 1 jewel cichlid, 6 male Betta, a snapping turtle

covicts breeding like crazy Empty
PostSubject: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 11:23 am

ok so today i looked in the 90gal and my convicts had gave birth again. that is the 4th one this year and only 4 have lived out of all of them. so hoping for them to live. what is the right word for them giving birth.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 2:35 pm

wow convicts produce like rabbits... a few days after they spawn on rocks or clay pots the eggs hatch. normally can be hundreds... I normally move the female and the clay pots into a 10g tank before the fry start moving out of pot so it is easy to move them... i normally do this at nite with a small flash lite, lol..

you should have a high save rate since it is so easy to feed the fry in a small tank with powdered fish food..

good luck!
usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 2:46 pm

well congratz!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 3:36 pm

Congratz.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 8:05 pm

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!

yes
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime6/1/2011, 9:32 am

I beleive giving birth, or spawning is the correct terminology... At least that's how I say it... WTG! If you start seperating them you will have a convict colony in no time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: covicts breeding like crazy   covicts breeding like crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

covicts breeding like crazy
Page 1 of 1