UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

Strange protrusion on one of my fish!  Any input? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?   Strange protrusion on one of my fish!  Any input? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 9:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey, All! I have a Pseudotropheus sp. "Williamsi North" juvie that is about one and a half inches long. All of a sudden, he has a large bulge in his abdominal area on the left side. It's almost blocked looking and not really rounded. I don't think it's bloat because he's eating fine acting normally, and has good color. What could this be? A tumor or something, maybe?

I can't seem to get a good photo of it.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5

PostSubject: Re: Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?   Strange protrusion on one of my fish!  Any input? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:58 pm

We just got a williamsi! :) I would try an antiparasitic. The epsom bath wouldn't hurt either, just don't stress him out too much. Keep us posted, hope it turns out okay :)
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?   Strange protrusion on one of my fish!  Any input? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 11:02 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?   Strange protrusion on one of my fish!  Any input? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange protrusion on one of my fish! Any input?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2